lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
rbrogden67
Not Yet Wild

Default 1996 clubcar rpm limiter

can the rpm limiter be taken off.
rbrogden67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 clubcar rpm limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrogden67 View Post
can the rpm limiter be taken off.
Depends on what year cart but all (Erm) post 92 ? will have a rev limiter located under the front left of the engine as you stand in the footwell looking back at the engine. There is a ground wire attached to it via a 10mm nut. Remove the wire and the limiter is off limits. Beware though, your cart can now rev to destruction particularly if you have bypassed the axle governor system. My cart is golf course use only (mostly) and as a result I only drive it for maybe 300 yards at full chat before I have to stop for the next shot and it rarely hits 5000rpm. My FE290 is balanced and blue printed so it can handle this abuse but most are not so be careful.
There's a very informative "Sticky" at the head of this page that will describe the above to you. I thoroughly recommend you read it before your cart is modified, destroyed and on it's way to someone like me for dirt cheap with a shagged engine.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car