lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Carryall 1 F&R Problem

If you have the green and black wires together, you will have 1/2 speed
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottginfla View Post
If you have the green and black wires together, you will have 1/2 speed
Okay.. how do I wire it so that it isn't half speed? I'm assuming I missed something in the wiring diagram.. could I just do away with the resistor and wire the "green" directly to the "black" wire that is after the splice?
Thanks for the quick response Scott!
-Cameron
TheFlash16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash16 View Post
Okay.. how do I wire it so that it isn't half speed? I'm assuming I missed something in the wiring diagram.. could I just do away with the resistor and wire the "green" directly to the "black" wire that is after the splice?
Thanks for the quick response Scott!
-Cameron
See post #5 of this thread
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #14
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
See post #5 of this thread
I tried to do the white wire to the green wire, but like I said it didn't work unless I did the green to the black wire.. Where does the white/black wire lead to?? Any ideas why it won't work?
Old 08-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlash16 View Post
I tried to do the white wire to the green wire, but like I said it didn't work unless I did the green to the black wire.. Where does the white/black wire lead to?? Any ideas why it won't work?
The white leads to the controller... same place the black one runs. Only the black one runs through the resistor, but the white one doesn't. It's probably a break in the sonic weld next to the resistor. Dig down into the wire loom where the black and white wires run down into it. You'll find the half speed resistor about 6" down in the loom. Cut the resistor out and hook the green wire up to the wire here (Post resistor location)
Old 08-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #16
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Quote:
The white leads to the controller... same place the black one runs. Only the black one runs through the resistor, but the white one doesn't. It's probably a break in the sonic weld next to the resistor. Dig down into the wire loom where the black and white wires run down into it. You'll find the half speed resistor about 6" down in the loom. Cut the resistor out and hook the green wire up to the wire here (Post resistor location)
okay I removed the resistor and spliced the green wire directly to the black wire (the wire the black and white wire tie into) and once again, the cart doesn't move..
Old 08-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

So what did you do with the white wire, it has to also be hooked up
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #18
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottginfla View Post
So what did you do with the white wire, it has to also be hooked up
The white and black wire both tie into the same wire, except the black wire runs through a resistor first. That's what I got from Scott.. So I cut the black wire that both the white and black wire tie into, and wired the green wire directly to that.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

The only thing I can think of now is that the MCOR, V-Glide, or PotBox (Whichever you may have) is sending an incorrect signal to the controller. It may be sending too high of a frequency, but with the half speed reverse resistor hooked up it may have been lessening the signal just enough to allow the car to run at a slower speed. Pull the green wire and the yellow wire off of the controller. These wires are blade terminals oriented in a row of three... Red, Green, Yellow. The green and yellow are throttle wires. Insert probes of a multimeter into the ends of these wires and work the throttle from top to bottom with the multimeter set on 20k ohms. You should be seeing a resistance of 5K at top throttle and 0K at the floor with a VGlide or Potbox, with an MCOR you should see 6100 to 1100. Make sure you do this with the keyswitch on and the car in the Forward position. Don't worry, it's not gonna run with these wires unhooked. Let me know your findings.

Edit: I just went back and read your previous posts a little more. In a 2003 you should have an MCOR. I wasn't aware you were running an All-Trax controller either. It may need to be adjusted to another throttle setting but I still want to know the numbers from the above test.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #20
TheFlash16
Getting Wild

Quote:
The only thing I can think of now is that the MCOR, V-Glide, or PotBox (Whichever you may have) is sending an incorrect signal to the controller. It may be sending too high of a frequency, but with the half speed reverse resistor hooked up it may have been lessening the signal just enough to allow the car to run at a slower speed. Pull the green wire and the yellow wire off of the controller. These wires are blade terminals oriented in a row of three... Red, Green, Yellow. The green and yellow are throttle wires. Insert probes of a multimeter into the ends of these wires and work the throttle from top to bottom with the multimeter set on 20k ohms. You should be seeing a resistance of 5K at top throttle and 0K at the floor with a VGlide or Potbox, with an MCOR you should see 6100 to 1100. Make sure you do this with the keyswitch on and the car in the Forward position. Don't worry, it's not gonna run with these wires unhooked. Let me know your findings.

Edit: I just went back and read your previous posts a little more. In a 2003 you should have an MCOR. I wasn't aware you were running an All-Trax controller either. It may need to be adjusted to another throttle setting but I still want to know the numbers from the above test.
Okay with the throttle up my DMM reads 7.12 and with the pedal to the floor it reads 1.05..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car