lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2013, 08:17 AM   #1
Mr.ken
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Completely dead batteries with inconsistent voltage

I'm having problems with my cart and I was hoping you guys might be able to shed some light. The last year or so I've been having voltage issues because I don't have a float charger in the car doesn't get used that often. I left for a month on vacation and when I came back I tried to plug in the car and it would not turn on. After a little homework I found out about the low-voltage cut off and started checking. I have 68 hope batteries. When I hook up a voltmeter one reads 10 V one reads 2 V and the rest actually read negative. My digital voltmeter in the – does not even turn on. I know my batteries are going to need to be replaced but I'm trying to just get the car to charge a little bit so I can try to fix an out of round wheel before I buy a new battery new charger. I tried hooking up a 12 V charger one battery and had no success. Can you guys offer any help?
Mr.ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Completely dead batteries with inconsistent voltage

Sounds to me like your batteries are too far gone to respond. That's pretty much the end of the story.

Be aware that if you want to open the charger and install a jumper wire on the start relay to force it to come on you may experience some negative results with batteries this low or with reversed polarity. I wouldn't suggest you risk it.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
Mr.ken
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know the batteries are bad because I have the wrong charger (you told me that). I was just hoping to get enough charge to spin the wheels so I can figure out my wheel problem first. I need new batteries and the right charger
Old 08-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Find another way to spin the tire, jack it up or push it?

If you are going to use this cart you need to fix it properly, Mr Ken.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Mr.ken
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know. The issue that has been is that it gets rarely used and not maintained hence the dead batteries. Once I get the charger you told me about and new batteries that should make it easier
Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ken View Post
I know. The issue that has been is that it gets rarely used and not maintained hence the dead batteries. Once I get the charger you told me about and new batteries that should make it easier
You mean the charger that automatically maintains the batteries in a float charge until needed? Yeah, I would say you need that and new batteries asap
Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #7
Mr.ken
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't drive it at home cause I live on a dirt road. I will have to figure out something though
Old 08-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Golf carts are great on dirt roads! That's all most people here drive on.... if they have any road at all.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
Mr.ken
Gone Wild

Club Car

I know. I have a Polaris ranger crew that we use mostly on the roads. Once I get the cart fixed maybe we can start using it more around here instead of just camping
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
Mr.ken
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
You mean the charger that automatically maintains the batteries in a float charge until needed? Yeah, I would say you need that and new batteries asap
Yes. I had posted about that a few months ago and you told me about the right charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car