lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: will idle at any throttle position

I'd try 80:1 and see what it does.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
irideyamaha94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I'd try 80:1 and see what it does.
i will try that this weekend. the old oil injector is still hooked up, i have no idea if it works or not though
irideyamaha94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
Tanner793
Not Yet Wild

Just a comment on the exhaust pipe. I also had this same problem on my g1 but just burning the exhaust wouldnt have done it because my pipe had water built up in the drivers side. Now these pipes are made of a pipe in a pipe so the water in the end froze and bubbled the inner pipe toward the inside of the pipe and completly closed the exhaust off. To look at the pipe there was no sign of this damage. Just an idea incase u burn the pipe and still have the same issues. I tested my cart with the muffler off the engine to see if it would rev and it did imidiatly. Now some people say not to do this as it could cause damage to the engine because there is no back preasure to the motor. Just a warning! This little test also identified if the motor was actually running on its own power or if just the starter was turning it over!
Tanner793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:21 PM   #24
Tanner793
Not Yet Wild

Ah sorry! Im new to this forum thing and just noticed there were more than one page of replies and that u got it running better now! Maybe my info will help someone else tho!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #25
irideyamaha94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner793 View Post
Just a comment on the exhaust pipe. I also had this same problem on my g1 but just burning the exhaust wouldnt have done it because my pipe had water built up in the drivers side. Now these pipes are made of a pipe in a pipe so the water in the end froze and bubbled the inner pipe toward the inside of the pipe and completly closed the exhaust off. To look at the pipe there was no sign of this damage. Just an idea incase u burn the pipe and still have the same issues. I tested my cart with the muffler off the engine to see if it would rev and it did imidiatly. Now some people say not to do this as it could cause damage to the engine because there is no back preasure to the motor. Just a warning! This little test also identified if the motor was actually running on its own power or if just the starter was turning it over!
i mixed it 80:1 and it ran like poo. mixed it 60:1 and it seems to like it. im gonna get some plug readings in the morning. does your exaust have a butterfly in it as well? mine does but it seems if i hold it open manually at any throttle position that it will run better. can i just remove it? or? and yes it runs great as of right now, but driving is a different story. i have this vision of it being a trophy truck.... shattered the rack and pinion, sheared off the rear coil over mounts and cracked the frame. all welded up. waiting for something else to break so i can improve.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #26
Tanner793
Not Yet Wild

Lol! Its funny u mention trophy truck because i too have two carts that i use off road! But yes my cart has a butterfly in the exhaust manifold and there are forums on here that tell how remove the governor and when u do you can either remove the butterfly or tie it open. Just a warning on the exhaust that when i cut it open there was some fiberous material in it between the two layers of pipe that me nor my friends could tell if it was fiberglass packing or asbestos so be very careful.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #27
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Butterfly quiets it down at part throttle. You can remove or fix it open. Some G1 don't have them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #28
irideyamaha94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

so i tied the butterfly open today. ran up and down the block and it would get up to speed and bog at wide open throttle. i just cleaned the air filter too... plug still looks lean but i added oil and it feels almost worst. it doesnt smoke unless im wide open throttle. any ideas?
Old 09-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #29
Tanner793
Not Yet Wild

So u have both the butterfly on the exhaust and the choke wide open right? And u checked the entire air box to make sure there are no restrictions? How bad was the carb when u cleaned it because ive had to do some a few times to get all the sludge out! If you take the line going into the carb off and press the pedal alot of fuel should pump out the line so that will tell if ur pump is working. If you've done all that then it might be a float level issue not letting enough fuel in for when you are at high speed. You might want to put a new plug in aswell just to make sure its not crappin out under detonation!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
irideyamaha94
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner793 View Post
So u have both the butterfly on the exhaust and the choke wide open right? And u checked the entire air box to make sure there are no restrictions? How bad was the carb when u cleaned it because ive had to do some a few times to get all the sludge out! If you take the line going into the carb off and press the pedal alot of fuel should pump out the line so that will tell if ur pump is working. If you've done all that then it might be a float level issue not letting enough fuel in for when you are at high speed. You might want to put a new plug in aswell just to make sure its not crappin out under detonation!
it is set at half choke. i cleaned the carb with a sonic cleaner so its spotless. ran compressed air through every part. the fuel pump works but the oil injection is questionable. so i mix my fuel. the float height is all over the place. how should the float height be set?

Tags
2stroke gas, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha