lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #81
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default Re: Mid 90s club car ds runs without key on

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
most people have trouble with the 5 solenoid speed control system because they don't understand how it works. This is true of a lot of things and this system is no exception.
So let me try to help clear up how the system works. There are five micro switches in the silver box at the end of the gas peddle linkage under the drivers seat. There are five solenoids. One solenoid is the master solenoid in the other four are speeds. The master solenoid is the one farthest to the driver's side of the cart.

Each of the solenoids is activated by a microswitch in the silver box. The five micro switches are activated sequentially when the gas pedal is pressed. So that when the gas pedal is pressed initially the master solenoid is activated. The master solenoid then feeds power to each of the speed solenoids. Now the speed solenoids are ready to be activated. They must be activated in the proper order to get the proper speeds. There speeds range from lowest on the driver's side to highest on the passenger side.

Put the cart up on blocks. Remove the seat. Using your hand to push the gas pedal down listen carefully to hear both the micro switches and the solenoid's click as they are activated.
All solenoids are working like they are supposed to do. I have no idea why this cart is running wide open on the main solenoid. Could the f&r have anything to do with this??????
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #82
doodles bug
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This sounds like a simple problem where the last (highest speed) solenoid is wired to the first micro switch but we need to verify what you have.

If you don’t have a volt/ohm meter, you’ll need to get one. It’s gonna get plenty of use with an electric cart. Cheap one will do, don’t need a Fluke.

Disconnect both cables from the end of the resistor bank and from the master solenoid. Insulate by wrapping a rag or towel around each, bind with tape. Remove the buss bar across the solenoids. Check for continuity across EACH AND EVERY solenoid with key off, forward/reverse lever centered and without pressing the go pedal.

Press down on go pedal and check ALL solenoids again.

Repeat with lever in forward, first without pressing on the go pedal and then with pressing on the go pedal. Check again each time you hear a solenoid energize. Check both with key on and key off.

Repeat with lever in reverse.

I think before you get to the end of the tests, you’ll find the problem.
doodles bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #83
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Ok i have a few things to do today but when i get back i will start this test.
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car