lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
eflyguy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I also picked up one of the combined units, with shunt. Now the cart is back together and running, it's not a priority for me to install, but I'll get around to it..
..a
eflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ampmeter

jdunmyer - looks like the cruising e-meter was bought up by xantex and is now called the 'linklite' or 'linkpro'. Google those and you gets lots of listings.
These meters measure up to 1000 or 10,000 amps, hope that's enough.......however and thers is always a 'however', the price is commensurately huge - linklite on ebay is $221....
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #13
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Remac,
I was aware that they sold out, based on how the search results came back. I bought mine probably 10 or more years ago, and it was something like $250.00 even then. The unit seems to be designed for nearly any AE (alternate energy) application, from residential to vehicular. One of the displays is "time until dead" or somesuch, useful when you're out cruising along.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
remac
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

oops - cancel excitement over linklite or linkpro.
maximum voltage 35vdc - bummer
remac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Remac,
Are you sure they don't have provisions for operating at a higher voltage? The Link10, for instance, runs at a low voltage, either 36 or 48 volts, IIRC, but has some arrangement for running on voltages at least as high as 144, a common EV voltage.

I'd think that a major market for these meters would be EVs, and only older golf carts would be as low as 36 volts. The latest models seem to be well over 300 volts; even the home-brew cars are 144 volts.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #16
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the feedback. I do have the digital volt meter from Scotty so i was just looking for the ampmeter but not sure i want to pay that much. Hopefully we'll find something reasonable out there that will work.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I gave you a link to the ammeter/shunt combo i bought. $40.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #18
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry, I missed that. Thanks!
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

This is simply an ammeter. Your SOC meter from ScottyB will tell you more about remaining life. Ammeters merely tell instantaneously how fast you're draining the batteries, if that makes sense. It's not an amp-hour remaining meter, which was mentioned above.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I installed an analog ammeter on my old Legend cart. Used a common meter with a home-made shunt, adjusted so the meter would JUST hit full scale under full load. It worked well and was kinda fun to watch; you can tell how hard the thing is working.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO