lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Default 2000 PDS upgrade HELP!!!

Ok, I need some help, JonnyB, you there? (ScottyB thought you dealt with this a while back) Anybody esle?

For what it is worth, serial number comes back to 2000 PDS, switch on the dash and run/tow under the seat.

I am attempting to upgrade my 2000 PDS controller and over the course of the last 2 days and a couple phone calls and emails ScottyB is not sure if the current PDS upgrades and harness will work with my set up. I can't post the picture yet, but will when I get home. Basically from talking to him, MY controller has the pin connections split and the newer ones are together at or toward the top. I want to go to the Alltrax 500 but it appears that the harnesses are not going to play together. Is it as simple as an adapter, building an adapter, etc?

OR will this singular model year set up ust not upgrade like the rest of them will.

Thanks for the advice

Side note: ScottyB now has my business for sure, he could have sent me the wrong thing and I would have been out the money and then if he would have taken it back at all being an electronic item. If we can get it figured out, he is still getting the sale!
sleepyluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 PDS upgrade HELP!!!

Luke can you upload the pics for Johnnie ? okay I got it -

Here is the pic of the infamous year 2000 PDS. This is not a DCS or the PDS we know today. This model was made one year and abandoned. You can see the plug fits neither the DCS or the PDS (we know). Question is does he find a stock cart harness plug and convert to DCS or PDS ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS 2000.JPG (588.5 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #3
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

http://www.golfcartking.com/EZGO-Cur...ller-p/347.htm

Hope it is ok to post from a sponsor site, i could not get a picture to copy over, but this is what my controller and connections look like. Can I make it work? There seems to be a harness from a DCS to PDS upgrade to Alltrax. Does this help any? i know it is PDS, but a jacked up PDS. Thanks for the help

Oh, and Scotty, I lied to you, it does seem to have the Freedom chip in it. I was not looking at the right connection.

If not ok, please let me know and I will delete it.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Wow. I didn't know the 2000 PDS controller was that different.

The same DCX controllers are used for both DCS and PDS. It is Plug-n-Play for a DCS and an adapter is used to make the PDS control wiring emulate the DCS control wiring, so I'd start with a plug that fits the DCX pins. Perhaps from a DCS control harness or a PDS to DCX adapter.

Pins 6 thru 10 appear to match J1 on a 1206MX, but I can't see Pins 1 thru 5 clearly and Pin 1 appears to be blank. I might be seeing a hint of J3 (Run/Tow switch plug), but no J4 (ITS plug).

----------
It is doable, we just have to figure out how/where the control wires on the 2000 PDS cart are connected.

Need more pictures of Controller, Tun/Tow, ITS and F/R wiring.

------------
I'm going to do a little searching and see if I can find a schematic for the oddball 2000 PDS cart, if one exists.

I can figure it out without it, but it sure would be easier with it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
sleepyluke
Gone Wild

Finally found the link i was looking for. I can't copy the pictures out of it though.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

If you go down to the page about 3/4 of the way, there is the PDS controller and then the PDS chip information. This is what my controller looks like.

And sorry the real picture is crappy, it will be tonight, but let me know what I need a different picture of and I can get it. I will get better on the run/tow/f/r and all those.

Run/tow on the cover, F/R on the dash, Freedom model 2000 EZGO TXT PDS (per EZgo site)

Is the problem the connections on to the old controller, to the solenoid, wiring, all of the above?

I guess I have a custom built one off cart?!?!?!?!

Thanks for the help guys
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyluke View Post
http://www.golfcartking.com/EZGO-Cur...ller-p/347.htm

Hope it is ok to post from a sponsor site, i could not get a picture to copy over, but this is what my controller and connections look like. Can I make it work? There seems to be a harness from a DCS to PDS upgrade to Alltrax. Does this help any? i know it is PDS, but a jacked up PDS. Thanks for the help

Oh, and Scotty, I lied to you, it does seem to have the Freedom chip in it. I was not looking at the right connection.

If not ok, please let me know and I will delete it.
Okay, if your controller has all the connections as shown (Five jacks for controller harness plugs to plug into) the standard PDS to DCX adapter ought to work.

The picture Scotty posted appeared to be missing a couple of them.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ooops. Cancel the last panic

The pds adapter will fit your system. My mistake. I confused your cart with somebody else's.
There was an early 2000 model PDS which was not compatible but, your cart is not one of those.
We can proceed with the upgrades as planned.
Contact me at scottyb@cartsunlimited.net
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Chiefmc
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also have a 2000 PDS and need a recommendation for a controller upgrade. Mine died. My direction control is below the seat front. It's a lifted cart with all stock components. Thanks, Mike
Chiefmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO