lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Maintenance\Replacement suspension bushing Question

My hunting TXT cart is about 5 years old now and I run the death out of it. I do attempt to stay ahead of the curve on maintenance with it as breakdowns in the middle of nowhere, which is actually somewhere, but you can't get there by any other vehicle….ya know…is not a good thing.

My cart has recently developed a case of "the squeaks" when I'm attempting to be as stealthy as possible while going thru the woods. And it's difficult to be stealthy when your squeaky. So, I figured the squeaks were coming from the leaf spring bushings (rear)…and I took a product (well know in the gun care industry) called CLP and gave a few squirts to the rubber bushings on the rear leaf's.

So…like magic, the squeaks disappeared. Now, I know that oil…even the lightweight oil that is contained in CLP and rubber bushings don't mix well. I think that oil will cause rubber to break down and simply crumble away.

So….I would guess these rubber bushings are replaceable? Is 5 years of my type of use normal? Is there a standard bushing and\or a heavy duty bushing that I can get to replace the standard?

Thanks.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Maintenance\Replacement suspension bushing Question

I will take a stab and guess a 94 or newer.. Here is I believe what you need http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Bus...roduct_id=2306

Also check the sponsors as they may be a better deal.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
My hunting TXT cart is about 5 years old now and I run the death out of it. I do attempt to stay ahead of the curve on maintenance with it as breakdowns in the middle of nowhere, which is actually somewhere, but you can't get there by any other vehicle….ya know…is not a good thing.

My cart has recently developed a case of "the squeaks" when I'm attempting to be as stealthy as possible while going thru the woods. And it's difficult to be stealthy when your squeaky. So, I figured the squeaks were coming from the leaf spring bushings (rear)…and I took a product (well know in the gun care industry) called CLP and gave a few squirts to the rubber bushings on the rear leaf's.

So…like magic, the squeaks disappeared. Now, I know that oil…even the lightweight oil that is contained in CLP and rubber bushings don't mix well. I think that oil will cause rubber to break down and simply crumble away.

So….I would guess these rubber bushings are replaceable? Is 5 years of my type of use normal? Is there a standard bushing and\or a heavy duty bushing that I can get to replace the standard?

Thanks.

Dave
My 1998 TXT Series has a hard plastic leaf spring spring bushing. Are you talking about leaf springs or shocks?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I will take a stab and guess a 94 or newer.. Here is I believe what you need http://www.shopezgo.com/products/Bus...roduct_id=2306

Also check the sponsors as they may be a better deal.
That's what mine look at. Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but I'd swear they were plastic and not rubber. Not trying to nit-pic, but I'm a lot more cautious using lubes on rubber than I am on plastic.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

We changed out 12 of them this last weekend. There is a metal tube on the inside that can be interesting to get loose but those are the bushings.. Now it is possible someone put something else in there.. I think Tahoedawg posted one the other day that he found a piece of garden hose in there..
Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Were they rubber? I bought mine new from shopezygo. Again, not trying to nit-pic, but I've ruined a LOT of rubber using the wrong lube on them, but never had a problem with lubing plastic.

I got curious and went to try and see mine, but they aren't exactly visible with the shackle on them. I stabbed at them, and they seemed like a hard plastic.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just looked and they have another one listed that I believe is deeper into the spring. It is part number 20098G1.. The spacers by the way are part 70289G02
Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #8
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I think Tahoedawg posted one the other day that he found a piece of garden hose in there..
Yeah….I don't think garden hose is "standard equipment."

I did Google it after my post and came across this youtube video on how to replace 'em.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Did you notice the EZGO actor reinstalled the bolts on the driver side shackle, facing the opposite direction than they were removed?

I doubt if bolt orientation makes much difference in this application, but it certainly does in others.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Good catch JohnnieB!! Sloppy gets a BIG ZERO when it comes to style points!!

Dave
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO