lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2014, 08:40 AM   #21
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ez-Go 400 ? found and bought.

or switch out the rear for 8" wheels
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #22
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I have considered that option as I have extras.But the lugs are much smaller than the 1/2 inch holes in the wheels i have.Look to be 7/16ths maby.
I havent done anything yet to this 1 as I am still working on my 77 but i am asking questions and learning about it so when I do go to work on it,I will be educated and maby not tear up something.
Seems this is not a common cart.
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM   #23
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just a question, but if the lugs are 7/16" and your wheels are 1/2", given that the lug nuts are tapered, wouldn't they still work, assuming the bolt pattern was the same?
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #24
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It might,dont know.might just have to try it as I am fixen to go down to the shop and raise it up and see if I can free up the brakes
Old 01-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #25
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well we are having a heat wave today of 58 degrees,so I got outside and decided with nothing to loose I would hook jumper cables from my other cart to this 1 and see what happened.
After bumping across 2 red wires on the switch the motor came to life wide open.Then a "bumP" and the wheels started turning in reverse!
So the motor is electrically workable.Not saying some new bearing wouldnt be in order but I haven't found a suitable "test" for the motor and the cables are still marked,so I said what the heck and tried it.
The motor just has a adaptor to it then bolted to a brake drum.So any open shaft motor would work I guess.
Here are a couple pics.
I still need any and all info I can get on this thing.That bump in the rear before the wheels started turning,not sure why or what,so I may want to open it up and check things out.It is supposed to be a Dana Spicer diff.

Also,anyone know the electrical layout of this switch?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00011.JPG (357.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00013.JPG (336.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00010.JPG (348.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #26
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Found tires that will fit for reasonable price.
http://www.millertire.com/products/l...-carlisle-rib/
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 AM   #27
mbyoung388
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Very cool cart! Subscribed cant wait to see how this turns out..
mbyoung388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #28
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well yes it has been a while but I removed the body from the frame today and got it close to the shop. I put a used front tire on the front after cleaning the rim with electrolysis and bought new grease seals and repacked the bearings. So the front wheel is ok for time being and it rolls around now. Which is nice.The axle was bent some to.
Now that I can get to things better I used some scotch brite and soap and cleaned the tag on the electric motor and the tag for the cart serial number.

154c11861 is the numbers of the cart best i can tell

5bc48jb167a is the long number on the motor tag.
It also has 36 and 40 on the next row.
75* C in? I think it is 75 degree's Celsius?

series 4365
zyn
the red paint is all about gone but common sense says the 36 is the voltage of the motor.40 is the amp?

So any help is appreciated
Old 04-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #29
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What I failed to post the other day is the fact I found a relay under the dash that is made like a old Delco Horn relay.
There is a switch on the handbrake lever on the "drivers" side of the cart. It had a ratchet and you pulled the lever to lock the brake and twisted and let it fall back to release.
The ratchet ball is apparently rusted away or stuck . I gave it a bunch of Kroil.
The key switch turned 1 way or the other determines direction from the metal plate that is around it.
The accelerator has about 5 or 6 micro switches in there that operate as the pedal is pushed further.
What is kinda confusing to me is the solenoids are mounted to a piece of rubber. They dont ground to the frame.

I need to know how these solenoids are wired internally I guess so I can learn the wiring.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #30
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Aero Kroil? That stuff is the best!! My Grandpa had a couple old cans in his garage and I used some one time and I remember it working WAAY better than PB Blaster or WD-40. When I got into high school the shop there had it, and that is where I learned the colloquial term for it - Panther P*ss! I have no clue why it is called that, but I still don't care, that stuff works wonders!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO