lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
unloadit
Not Yet Wild

Default Non-Dealer speed 4 code??

I heard that any golf cart dealer can purchase a speed code from Club Car and program my Club Car with speed code 4 if they have a Curtis programmer. Does anybody know if this is true? I though only a CC dealer could do this. I have a 2010 Precedent Excel.
unloadit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Non-Dealer speed 4 code??

Quote:
Originally Posted by unloadit View Post
I heard that any golf cart dealer can purchase a speed code from Club Car and program my Club Car with speed code 4 if they have a Curtis programmer. Does anybody know if this is true? I though only a CC dealer could do this. I have a 2010 Precedent Excel.
That depends on how many "middle-men" you want to go through. Any non-authorized dealer can call an authorized dealer and order a speed code. At this point you're paying for it twice. Might as well go straight to an authorized dealership the first time instead of paying the other place to order it for you.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #3
unloadit
Not Yet Wild

Problem is that the nearest CC dealer is 250 miles away from me. I asked the CC dealer if I could just take out the controller and send it to him to program, but he told me that it has to be in the cart when he programs it?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Problem is that the nearest CC dealer is 250 miles away from me. I asked the CC dealer if I could just take out the controller and send it to him to program, but he told me that it has to be in the cart when he programs it?
Yes I think the controller does have to be in the cart because the programmer plugs into the 4 pin connector under the dash.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

He's correct. It has to be powered up by the vehicle electrical system.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #6
unloadit
Not Yet Wild

****. So now I have to haul this thing 250 miles. Great.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

How much is the local place going to charge? Might be worth the extra instead of driving 500 miles round trip?
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Yes I think the controller does have to be in the cart because the programmer plugs into the 4 pin connector under the dash.
It can also be plugged into the controller. That plug is just to make it easy. Most if the time it has to be plugged into the controller anyway when the port craps out
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
unloadit
Not Yet Wild

Well, I scored. I found a local guy in my town that has been working on Club Cars for 23 years. He has a programmer and is going to program my cart with speed code 4. He's charging me $100. Now I don't have to haul this thing 500 miles round trip. Nice to know I have a local tech/service guy that can work on Club Car. If I have any problems in the future, he is my go to guy.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Well, I scored. I found a local guy in my town that has been working on Club Cars for 23 years. He has a programmer and is going to program my cart with speed code 4. He's charging me $100. Now I don't have to haul this thing 500 miles round trip. Nice to know I have a local tech/service guy that can work on Club Car. If I have any problems in the future, he is my go to guy.
Excellent!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car