lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Which is which

I'm looking at doing some trading, and it appears the cart I would be trading for will be a 2008 Yamaha.It will be a 48 volt with 4 new 12 volt batteries. I assume this is coming from some golf course.

I want to educate myself before next week, so I'd like to go through the threads here and see which ones will give me some information. My question is, what model cart usually comes from a golf course? I figure if I'm going to do a lot of reading I'd like to spend the time on threads that will relate to the cart I will be looking at.

Thanks for any help.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Which is which

2008 YAMAHA YDR-E only 48v cart
here is a great link
http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/partsan...rsmanuals.aspx
look at Owners manual , Consumer Maintenance Videos, and scan parts manual
Old 05-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

The link wouldn't open. Is that suppose to be yamahagolfcar.com or should it be yamahagolfcart.com

So the model should be a YDR-E.

Edited to add

Googled the model and found the link. thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
rib33024

opens for me,
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
reinman88
Gone Wild

Opened for me the third time I tried it.

So does anyone have a rough idea of price for a 2008 coming off the course with 4 new 12 volt batteries added?

When he tells me he can get me to 19 mph, I assume that is with stock tires and rims, so I may get a tad more speed with bigger tires.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
cre73
Getting Wild

Yamaha

With the new batteries I believe somewhere around 1600-1800 hundred, maybe a little more but not much.
cre73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
reinman88
Gone Wild

I'm trading my 99 gas workhorse. I did tell him I really liked the box on the back and he said he's getting some of those in too. Plus he does lifts, so I think we have enough stuff to negotiate with.

If I'm looking for more torque for the big hill, a bigger controller would help wouldn't it? One more thing to negotiate.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:55 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Good luck with bigger controller. FSIP 500 for drive sucked last time i tried it. Thats why i built my own. not many options for Drive. Also, big controllers and 4-12v batteries are not good friends.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #9
reinman88
Gone Wild

Sounds like we stick with the controller they have then. I suppose as long as it takes me where I want to go and gets the job done, I'll be fine with it.

I'll go over next week when he gets them in and see what I think. I'd been wondering the past year or so if I wanted to sell the gas and go electric. I use my cart around the place, but also use it for my hunting cart. I knew in the winter with cold weather my run time would be shortened, but since I didn't go long distances I figured electric would still work for hunting.

I'd been having problems the last year with my cart and decided I needed to take it in and have the carb cleaned. I told him to check the coil. I had spark but I wanted to make sure it was enough spark. He got it to do what it did for me, and found the coil gave intermittent spark. I was going to have a couple hundred into repairs, but I thought that was fine.

He had it sitting in front of his shop and I mentioned if I knew it was going to sit up front I should have put a for sale sign on it. That's when he said he had more then one guy asking if it was for sale. Selling talk turned into trading talk, and that is where we sit today.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Personally, i would not trade a "stock electric" anything for a gas workhorse.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha