lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Which is which

Totally will fit, heres how, change the "guide". The actual plug behind the guide will accept the old or new style plug. This guide is designed to accept both plug styles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_IMG_20130711_0948421757593338.jpg (129.2 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #22
reinman88
Gone Wild

But the cord with the bigger charger only held two wires and used two of the three connectors. The new charger has the three prone plug and connects to all three connectors so it must have three wires in the cord instead of only two.

So it seems to me it's not just a face plate change so the plug will fit. It's also one charger used two wires while the other uses three.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #23
cgtech

Yamaha

It works fine with only 2 wires, the charger and cart dont care. As you may have noticed by the pic, i work at a yamaha dealer, and have since 2006 when the Drive was being introduced. In 2006 at inital release, the moric "flat" charger did not yet exist, a Dpi was used instead (with the traditional G19-G22 2-wire plug). We currently order all our Drives with Dpi chargers from the factory (at additional expense per car), they still come with 2 wires, not 3. It will work fine with only 2 wires, i know, i do it 5 days a week.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #24
reinman88
Gone Wild

Wasn't saying I didn't trust you, just noting there were three wires instead of just two. Haven't looked inside the cord, but I assume the two wire was a hot and a neutral, while the three wire was hot, neutral, and ground.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #25
cgtech

Yamaha

Not true, the third wire appears to be a signal to the controller that the charger is connected. But, if yamaha will sell us carts with "2-wire" charger setups, the third wire must not very important. Also, a golfcart has no "ground", as that would limit your travel to the lenght if wire to your ground stake.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
reinman88
Gone Wild

Appreciate the info. I'll go with this charger till it craps out. But from what you've said I'll look for the other one when the time comes.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha