lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
808 Go ez
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Cart stop running

Hi Guys, I was riding around and noticed that if i really push down hard on my accelerator my cart wants to go faster.So i adjusted the pedal so i can get it to go farther down by adjusting the nut on the accelerator shaft.
I have a g19e with a dcx 400amp and HD solenoid.So it ran for a little while and now it just stop. Batteries are not hot, 4g cables are not hot,and motor is warm.
If i step slowly on the pedal it feels like it wants to go then stops. i also dont here the click when i switch from tow to run. My green light is on,on my controller. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
808 Go ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Cart stop running

Put it back the way it was, i think you are now exceeding the 0-5k range of the throttle sensor before the start/stop switch closes, causing HPD error (like turning key on with throttle already pressed, controller no like). Alltrax can help you with a file to fix the original "hunting @ 96-98%" after you put the throttle back how it was, which is probably what was happening. Is the green led on controller now flashing any red/green error codes? Did you check to see if the green led turned orange at full throttle (indicating 100%)? Have you hooked a laptop to see what the controller thought was going on? You surely marked the original location on the throttle rod before you changed it, right? If not, you will likely have to "fiddle with" the throttle rod to find a setting that gets 100% throttle, while not causing a "lurch" upon inital light throttle application.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
808 Go ez
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cg tech,
The green light on the controller just stays green. I will put the accel pedal where it was.I haven't checked the alltrax settings cause i have no laptop only Macs. I thought it came maxed out straight from alltrax according to Scotty B.
When i first hooked up the Alltrax dcx 400 i wasn't impress at all with it.It wasn't much different then the stock set up. After yesterdays adjustment on the pedal wow that was what i was expecting.Now i know what it can do i need to get it there without it shutting off.
So for now i will just get it running again and hope to get it going at its optimal.
Thanks cgtech greatly appreciated.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
808 Go ez
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Ok i put the accel pedal back to where it was, it worked fine on the jack.I let it down to go drive it and i blew the 10amp fuse somehow.Im going to go get more fuses.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

If the green light stays green not orange at full throttle, then the controller is not detecting 100% throttle from the sensor.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:02 PM   #6
808 Go ez
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cg why did my fuse blow? might there be a short somewhere. Im going to try a new fuse right now. Then test for the red light
Old 06-03-2014, 04:21 AM   #7
808 Go ez
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cg Tech, I really enjoyed the torque and speed i had when i adjusted the accel pedal before it died on me. How would i be able to achieve that?
Would that be by adjusting the accel sensor? or can i adjust the pedal till the controller blinks orange. My Alltrax controller is set at the highest setting.Do i need a new sensor? Thanks
Oh yeah the green light stays green even at full thorttle
Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Then you are never getting true 100% throttle. You will need to address that first. Know anyone with a PC laptop? We need to see how close to 100% you are getting. There are files to put on the controller to fix the throttle issue, but must be installed with a PC.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #9
808 Go ez
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cg tech,
I will do that. My cart is running fine again so i will find someone with a laptop to check it out. I'm off to Japan for a couple weeks will keep you posted. Thanks a lot.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha