lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Older Caroche??

Yeah, my master cylinder is leaking, but it does work. I do know that Triple crown said they had one they could fix it with, but I am sure it's not cheap. I had to have them hook up the wiring on it to get it to run correctly. It does great now, lot's of power to be such an old cart. Mine came with a top, but I don't think it was the original one, looked as though someone had put it on. Pics would be nice. Theres not many that I've been able to find.
rrba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
buckfifty98
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I'll try to attach some images of mine. It's a 1971 Caroche. These are pictures of the 5 solenoids and their wires. I'll put a few more up in a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caroche.jpg (67.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (19).jpg (44.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (1).jpg (80.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (2).jpg (61.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (3).jpg (58.4 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by buckfifty98; 06-03-2009 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: added text
buckfifty98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 PM   #13
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

That looks like mine, I found the serial number where you said it was, mine it k3599. Wonder what year that is?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
buckfifty98
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

If you need an image of something in particular I'll be happy to try. I've taken most of the batteries out, one was already missing, one was broken, all the others are dry. I marked the ends with masking tape and taped any wires that were connected to terminals together so I'd know how they go back in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caroche (4).jpg (65.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (5).jpg (30.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (6).jpg (53.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (8).jpg (51.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (9).jpg (46.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #15
buckfifty98
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrba11 View Post
That looks like mine, I found the serial number where you said it was, mine it k3599. Wonder what year that is?
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...olf-carts.html

According to the above post, 1972.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #16
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a bunch, I've been wondering where that number was and what year it was ever since I got it. I was wondering, in the 2nd picture in your post, with the forward reverse lever showing in it, there it an opening under the drivers seat, is that where you charge it? Mine has two pronges on it attached to the f/r box under the seat. If it is then someone has put in a new charging plug in mine.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
buckfifty98
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Here are a few more of the various wires, etc. The last pic is of the inside of my master cylinder. It looks like the area between the reservoir and the pumping chamber has 2 holes or there is an area that has been eaten away by corrosion. The "K" in our serial numbers means we have a DICO brake system (not a Mercury). I'm still not sure how significant that is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caroche (10).jpg (57.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (11).jpg (55.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (12).jpg (66.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (13).jpg (34.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg caroche (15).jpg (37.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
buckfifty98
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrba11 View Post
Thanks a bunch, I've been wondering where that number was and what year it was ever since I got it. I was wondering, in the 2nd picture in your post, with the forward reverse lever showing in it, there it an opening under the drivers seat, is that where you charge it? Mine has two pronges on it attached to the f/r box under the seat. If it is then someone has put in a new charging plug in mine.
Yes, that is where the charger plugs in. Mine came with a charger but I haven't gotten to try it yet. Batteries are going to be about $500 bucks so it may take me a while to get to drive it.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #19
rrba11
Not Yet Wild

yeah, I bought mine at sam's club. They were $480.00 with a core charge of $60. Thanks for your help. Keep me informed on your progress. Mine works great, I did have to put all new solenoids on mine as well. Let me know if you need any pics of the wiring, I finally got mine wired right, but it cost me $400.00 from triple crown. I think they overcharged me, but what do you do? I could'nt get it done by myself.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #20
buckfifty98
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Roady, do you have any idea if a Mercury master cylinder will work in a Caroche that has a DICO brake system? Also, do you use ordinary brake fluid in these systems?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car