lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
bentleybroc
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 club car and white plug/won't run when hot

Ok,
I have a92 club car ds that I painted like the general lee and love. This year I decided to rebuild the motor because it was hell, a 92. Took the motor to my Harley guy and we bored, shaved the head, valve job, piston rings etc. Put it all back together and it still wasn't running quite right so I jetted the carb and ran a K&N filter and bang ran good. I noticed the wire pack was run the wrong way and and the protective coating was not melting but changing shape. lol to much beer. Anyway, when I re-routed my wire I broke the stud off the starter and I never noticed I actually broke it until trying to turn it over and only hearing clicking. Anyway, put a new starter on. Now the cart was running hot, and my plugs were white as snow so I just changed everything fuel related. All the fuel lines and filters, fuel pump. I figured with that jet though that I should have been getting enough fuel. Still running hot so yesterday I took the airbox out put the old regular filter in and taped the entire seem on the box because I can't figure out why I am still getting to much air and it is running hot. The thing is that when i put that old filter back in I actually made it 18 wholes before cooking the plug not the usual 4. The other weird this is that usually when I cook a plug and change it the cart fires right up. Well yesterday new plug or not the starting and going was a hit or miss. In my stupid defense I did a half rearend job cleaning the carb when I jetted it, but it never looked bad so i just remounted it with all new seals. So my questions are

1. Can a bad ignitor make the cart run hot?
2. Can a bad coil make the cart run hot?
3. Should I just do a better carb clean job?
4. What the hell am I doing wrong? Almost everything on this cart is new. We had the manual when putting the motor back together and everything should be gapped properly. The white plug thing has me baffled because before that whole starter thing it wasn't fouling/cooking plugs. Maybe I did cook a wire but visually nothing looks bad in the harness. My buddies and I keep thinking coil because it only does it when hot but i dunno. I think I need to reclean the carb to try and fix the white plug issue. Just can't understand how that is running lean with a jet and the regular air filter. I figured it would be running rich. I think maybe if I figured that out the whole heat issue would be resolved anyway. I dunno. HELP?

bentleybroc
bentleybroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 92 club car and white plug/won't run when hot

Just curious have you checked the valve clearance since breaking it in.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
rib33024

If the plugs are white the engine is running lean to much air not enough fuel, this will make the engine run hot, and if you run it to long lean at high RPM's it will burn a hole in the piston
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:29 AM   #4
bentleybroc
Not Yet Wild

checked valve clearance yesterday and it was all good. Found I was missing a gasket where the exhaust connects to the motor and the gasket between throttle plate and carb was torn. Hope that is what is making it run lean. i'll let you know. Funny its running lean with a bigger jet and stock filter but i dunno.
bentleybroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car