lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
ru5tybike5
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 DS IQ questions

I have an '08 DS electric 48v IQ cart that is giving me some problems. It is going into limp mode and the roll away braking isn't working. I backprobed the speed sensor signal wire with my oscilloscope, and found that it wasn't working. I would still like to know if there is a way to blink codes on this model. I tried going neutral to reverse 5 times and nothing happened.

I am a heavy equipment electrical diagnostician by trade and not owning a scanner for this cart is driving me crazy. I can troubleshoot everything my way, but I don't like not having access to the proper tools. Can anyone recommend a site sponsor or a favorite place to purchase a scan tool for this model? Is there a decent supplier for the flush mount speed sensor, or is it best to go with a factory replacement? I know my way around electronics, but I'm not familiar with the common failure points of these carts.
ru5tybike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #2
stang99x
Gone Wild

Default Re: 08 DS IQ questions

There is a scan tool, but it is quite pricey for an end user and one cart. EZGO and Club Car don't seem to really like the idea of anyone getting into the programming. I have seen an eBay seller in China selling them for about $550 lately. Also, the system is quite simplistic and codes are tripped by things as simple as pressing the gas without being in forward or reverse, or pressing the gas without turning the key on. The speed sensor is also on eBay for varying prices, from about $35 depending on model.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . be careful buying speed sensors from eBay . . members here have had issues with them not working . . buy from dealer is best bet . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Carts Zone
Getting Wild

You can also take the speed sensor off and check the magnet on back of motor, if its cracked or broken will cause same problems as your having.
Carts Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . be careful buying speed sensors from eBay . . members here have had issues with them not working . . buy from dealer is best bet . .
I am a dealer, and have used both depending on supply and price. I've never gotten a bad one either way. Just make sure if you buy from a site like eBay that the seller is reputable, and not some sack of crap selling knock off crap
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #6
ru5tybike5
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carts Zone View Post
You can also take the speed sensor off and check the magnet on back of motor, if its cracked or broken will cause same problems as your having.
I'll take it apart and have a look. I figure if the magnet was broken I would have seen it on my scope, but it won't hurt to look.
ru5tybike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car