lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2021, 06:24 AM   #1
Denzone
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lithium upgrade information continued

As I continue my education with drop-in lithium battery packs, I was introduced to something I hadn't thought about yet. While I have looked at all the big brands online, (Allied, Big Battery, EcoBattery, Dakota, ExtremeTeam, RoyPow) one of the local dealers here mentioned Patriot Power Products. I looked them over also and they looked nice. So I visited the said dealer and they asked what controller I had. I mentioned that I have an Alltrax SR48600. He said that the kit they would sell me would kill out when I was to floor the cart. Said that the controller is too high of an amp rating. He said that anything over 400 amps would cause issues. Now, I hadn't thought about that, but the reason I got that high amp controller is that I have an older series cart that was converted to a 6 passenger and it is lifted with large tires. I haven't swapped out the motor (yet) so still running the stock motor. So, my question is has anyone experienced that happening after putting in a kit?

I did contact the website at Patriot Power, and the person (said he was the owner) said that with the stock motor it should be okay. I do plan to try to research the other companies by contacting them, just wanted to see if others had heard of it.

Thanks for your information.
Denzone is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO