lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2024, 11:51 PM   #1
Cryan98
Not Yet Wild

Default Replaced battery shot sparks

Hello, my 80ís electric Melex cart always starts full speed but after an hour started slowing down to a crawl. I assumed this was due to one battery going bad and using my voltmeter I figured out which one. I had a spare deep cycle 6V battery so I swapped it in to the 36V path in line with the rest. When I hit the gas the positive terminal of the pack shot sparks. It was all wired up correctly in series. Am I not able to swap in a single battery to replace the one bad one? The six batteries were purchased refurbished and the replacement was a new one. Do I need to replace all six batteries or is there a solution that would allow me to replace just the one? I appreciate any help.
Cryan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2024, 06:59 AM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replaced battery shot sparks

The sparks should have nothing to do with how new or old the batteries were.
First you disconnect the battery cables from the cart (at least one of the 2) than replace the bad battery making sure you have the positive and negative orientated correctly. then reconnect the batteries to the cart. If you get sparking my guess is something is drawing power. Cars will do the same if you replace the battery. Do you have a 36v to 12 converter? If so is it wired to always draw power or on a switch
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex