lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
quadracerx
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric to Gas or Tiller to Steering Wheel...

Hey guys...

I have 3 Harley 3 Wheel Carts...

1) Gas complete none runner for parts/Tiller Steering
2) Gas complete runner/Tiller Steering
3) Electric with Steering Wheel

Ultimately I want a 4 Stroke Gas Cart with Steering Wheel:

I THINK I want to use the Electric Cart and convert it to Gas with a Harbor Freight engine or something similar along with a Forward/Reverse Gearbox.

My main question is... Does the axle and Suspension from a Gas Cart easily bolt in to the Electric Cart?

OR

I've seen people with other brands of Golf Carts, remove the armature assembly and just use the shaft and adapt a sprocket and chain along with brakes?

Which is easier?

Thanks...

Steve
quadracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Electric to Gas or Tiller to Steering Wheel...

Thinking this one through, I think your only option is the sprocket / chain. I think your problem isn't so much the rear axle change but rather all the frame fabrication you would need to mount the gas motor into the electric. Man, you are going to have to make motor mount points, mounts for the accelerator / choke, your throttle linkages are all going to have to be swapped out, etc. That's a heck of a lot of work.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson