lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
BGONE
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 st Workhorse no power

I'm stumped.... I've searched the forum and tried things I've found but no success. When its under any type of load even just flat ground it will hardly pull it's self with slight back fire through carb. But point it down hill or put the rear end on Jack stands it runs great. I've pulled the carb and cleaned, cleaned out pulse tube to fuel pump, replaced fuel filter and all fuel lines. Before I go any farther I want to ask for suggestions. Would spark plugs, or valve adjust cause any of this. This whole thing started over night it ran great when I parked it then a week later it was this. Any help would be greatly appreciated
BGONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 st Workhorse no power

Do a valve adjustment and make sure the throttle plate is closing just before the micro switch under the gas pedal cuts off.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:23 PM   #3
Mattm
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree with cowboy, mine did a similar thing. I adjusted the valves and it worked for me.
Mattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #4
BGONE
Not Yet Wild

I will adjust valves tomorrow and let you know. The plugs were black and wet looking if that means anything
Old 03-17-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Possibly a valve issue. Possibly too cold plugs. Or carb float height.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Btw, cleaning a carb is subjective. I would get a gallon can of carb cleaner, the one that has the basket and break down the carb. Drop it in over night and blow it all out run a piece of wire thru the jets. Not that you didn't do a good job I'm just throwing it out there.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 AM   #7
BGONE
Not Yet Wild

I'm going to adjust valves and change plugs. Is there a certain plug that's better than the other? How would I know if it was a float problem? I know it not to full nothing is coming out of the small tubes on the side of the carb. Also is there any type of adjustment on the carb? What's the plastic piece on top that only turns about a quarter turn either way? Thanks again for your help
Old 03-18-2015, 07:24 AM   #8
kantuckian
Gone Wild

I have a 2002 its has a new rebuilt engine 22'' tires runs great on level ground but chocks down on inclines i have replaced carb/replaced driven clutch/added fresh gas/new plugs/tred 1'' shorter belt/replaced ign coil/replaced fuel pump/absoutly runs and starts perfect but wont even move on the slghtes incline.

Appreciate any suggestions
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf

Go through this manual which contains all the info on plugs, float and carb info. I dropped something on my plastic cap on the carb which broke off its tab.. Officially I believe it's called a low speed idle adjustment. I pulled mine out, cleaned it and screwed it in and backed it oout about 1 1/4 turn.

Kantukian...... Technically, you've hijacked the thread. Copy yours as a new thread and we'll see what we can come up with. Thx
Old 04-23-2015, 10:10 PM   #10
BGONE
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the long delay. Problem is fixed installed New plugs and it's back to running great. I still can't believe that it ran great when I parked it and the plugs just went bad basically over night. Oh well replaced them and now it's all good. Thanks for everyone help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO