lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
Justamess
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 ez-go very little power

I just bought a 1986 ez go for 100 bucks, the age of the batteries is a mystery. i have checked them across and have 34 to 35 volt. I understand i may need new batteries, just wondering where else i should check before dropping five hundred on a set. Any advice would be great.
Justamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 ez-go very little power

Welcome...If it is runs but just slowly, you need new batteries and new wires, 4 gag. Resister carts are pretty simple. Look under at the coils to see that non are broken.
good luck
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Justamess
Not Yet Wild

haha got mad with it...i gutted all electrical even motor. going to pressure wash evrythinh and probably order new solenoid, speed board, and maybe a newer motor....hope it works... resister coils look good. thanks joe.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Why are you ordering all that other stuff? Sounds like you need batteries first...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
Justamess
Not Yet Wild

the motor is salvagable, but there is alot of corrosion everywhere else. i will clean and reuse what i can, fabricate what i need to , but some of the parts are just to far gone
Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #6
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

86 was only a 2 horse motor, so don't try to compare to a newer cart speed wise. Also with a resistor car, you can only go to about a 4 horse motor before you need to start to play wth the resistors so that the car accelerates smoothly. Figure out your game plan, then purchase the parts you need.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, if your gonna do that, then save your knuckles and some frustration and buy complete boards. They sell complete speed boards with new contacts, wiper arm, solenoid...etc for less than 150 and you can get a new board with resister coils for another 70 bucks. The boards are probably pretty brittle with age so trying to salvage parts off them is gonna be hard on the knuckles. Another option is converting to a stock Controller cart. It won't get you more speed, just longer run time and the ability to upgrade later on to more expensive parts. It all depends on what you want to do with the cart. You have a good blank slate now, so plan wisely or you will be buying parts twice.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
Justamess
Not Yet Wild

just discovered the frame is completly rust through....gonna way my options on the cost of fixing all of the problems compared to putting $2000 dollars toward a newer model. Thanks for all the help guys.

Justin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO