lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
chadw
Not Yet Wild

Default Good Cart to lift?

I am in the search phase for a project...I am wanting to build a "around the neighboorhood/get me to my deer stand" project...are there models of carts that are not good to lift? what are the good and the bad? I am still in a toss up between electric and gas...I feel that i am leaning towards gas..pros, cons??
thanks
Chad
chadw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Good Cart to lift?

gas goes for long periods of time before refuels. electric gets about 20 miles. electric is quiet gas makes some noise. either cart is easy to lift. club cars have the best ride in my opinion because it has a independent front suspinion.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
barcloverranch
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Good Cart to lift?

Blake's right about the range difference, depends how far you'd be running around to your deer stand.

I personally prefer electric for running around our ranch just because they are so much quieter. I've ridden in gas carts before and they just seem excessively loud to me. In my electric cart driving full speed I can hear my dogs running in the road behind me, which says something for how quiet they are.

Plus with electric you don't have the exhaust fuming out, which is a big no no when you're trying to sneak on any spooky animal. Both carts are easily lifted. It all just depends on your preference and what you can find available for the best price. If you do go electric, I've always heard that series carts are easiest to modify for off-roading.

Just my 2 cents, Josh
barcloverranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts