lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
19cabby86
Not Yet Wild

Default Solenoid wiring

ive had this golfcart for a long time now. i just bought a new solenoid. every wiring diagram i look at looks to be similar, yet wired different at certain spots. like the wrong colored wire and whatnot. on my cart, there is a yellow wire going from the ignition switch to the solenoid. i have found one diagram that has that, but the solenoid is different. my solenoid has the bolts coming out the circumference of a cylinder-like solenoid. in the picture the solenoid is also a cylinder, but the bolts all come out of one flat surface end of the solenoid. have i had a wrong solenoid in my cart the whole time?

also there are two microswitches connected to the f-n-r switch, the two micro switches are connected by the buzzer, looks like

--[microswitch]-----[buzzer]-----[microswitch]--

i have no seen any diagrams like that, all the ones i have seen the buzzer goes from a switch straight to a battery.

the serial number is 700740
under that it had a manuf. code which was 40792

i am very confused.
19cabby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
Paxdad
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solenoid wiring

THe micro switch that is wired to the reverse buzzer should be a double micro (driver side). One side for the buzzer the other for the half speed reverse from the pot box if it is hooked up. The half speed reverse is not required. The single microswitch (passenger side) is for the pot box circuit and should have a wire from the micro to the pot box non-common.
If you can post some photos of your cart and wiring configuration this would help tremendously.
Paxdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum 19cabby86...................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

The selonoids are just differant design. They don't care which side you hook to as long as the same wires are hooked together. The designs are just differant that's all.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
19cabby86
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The selonoids are just differant design. They don't care which side you hook to as long as the same wires are hooked together. The designs are just differant that's all.
are you saying that the solenoid cannot be installed backwards?
bacause the only sort of identificated to know which side is which(beings correct placement of wires is vital) is a sticker saying "batt." pointing to one of the biggerbolts of the solenoid.

we hooked up the solenoid both ways and when we did and turned the key on, the cart would automatically move in whichever gear it was in. so my father now thinks the microswitch near the accelerater mechanism is bad.
he said he tested it and it was bad. not sure what he did to test it. but that is what he is buying now.

i am just trying to check what we are doing with you guys. Im sure you all have more knowledge in identifying problems with these than either of us. so thanks in advance for all/any advice
19cabby86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

as for the solenoid are you sure your not looking at a heavy duty solenoid vs a regular one? the regular one will be silver and round with studs coming out the sides the HD one will be black with studs coming out the top............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Selonoids don't care what is hooked to the terminals.
The two small terminals are the activation terminals and the two larger ones carry the load.
Regular selonoid:

72 volt selonoid or contact:

If you wired it right and it goes with the key on and as soon as you put it in gear then yes the micro switch may be it.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO