lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wheel deal, to good to pass up ?

I was in this shop on Monday and they have what looked like hell of some deals on rims and tires. Some of these are lest than the $395 the show here
http://valdosta.craigslist.org/pts/904419806.html

The guy I spoke with said the girl who "use too" order stuff got a little happy and ordered to much stuff and the were just trying to get rid of some things.

Is this too good of a deal to pass on ?

This is the same place I bought 6 new Trojan 105 plus batteries with free 6 ga. cables for $450 two weeks ago. He told me they still had 10 of the batteries left.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2008, 02:27 AM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Wheel deal, to good to pass up ?

That was a good deal on the Trojans. Wheels and tire combo deals are all over the internet. If you buy make sure they come mounted with valve stems, center caps, and lug nuts. Some dealers will charge you extra for these parts.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #3
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
That was a good deal on the Trojans. Wheels and tire combo deals are all over the internet. If you buy make sure they come mounted with valve stems, center caps, and lug nuts. Some dealers will charge you extra for these parts.

I've been in the place and they order all their tires mounted. These are on sale because they had someone who got a little carried away with ordering.
They do include center caps, not sure about the lug nuts.
The good thing about buying them 2 miles from my house is I could have them now and not pay shipping, the bad thing is I would have to pay tax !

I've decided to stay with the black steel wheels on my cart for the time being because my cart is a PDS model and I've been told to save up for a controller. It's not a matter of if it is going out, it is a matter of when according to the pro's here.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #4
shawn.m
Gone Wild

that is a pretty good deal - those are usually $550 on ebay for the 12" rims. hmm
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk View Post
These are on sale because they had someone who got a little carried away with ordering.
They are on sale because they want to sell them. Period. That's an old marketing story.

"The factory sent us too many Mustangs, so out the door they go!" What a bunch of crap.

Good deal however.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #6
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
They are on sale because they want to sell them. Period. That's an old marketing story.

"The factory sent us too many Mustangs, so out the door they go!" What a bunch of crap.

Good deal however.
Not a bad theory you have there, but the problem is these folks normally do not sell accessories ! They are a shop that builds custom carts and the stuff they order is for the carts they work on.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:23 PM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Current radio commercial in my area states "Mancari Chrysler has met with factory representatives and it has been MANDATED that we sell 300 cars this weekend..."

Mandated by who? The factory? NOT!
It's all BS. I really hate advertising. Unfortunately I am a printer..... LOL!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts