lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #11
offutd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart goes then quits

image.jpg
offutd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #12
offutd
Not Yet Wild

image.jpg
Old 07-04-2015, 09:22 AM   #13
offutd
Not Yet Wild

Ok so i threw in a pic of my volt meter and how i have it set. Also a pic of each reading i took to make sure im doing what your asking. I get a 36.8 on the main pack and then a .1 when connected to the negative battery lead and thee red side of the quick disconnect wire coming out of the back of the charging recepticle. So from what you said i am not getting power back up through the red wire from the F/R controller to the charging recepticle or reed switch?
Old 07-04-2015, 09:33 AM   #14
offutd
Not Yet Wild

aslo when measuring the voltage at the back of the charging recepticle i get the 38.6 like the main battery pack. Dont know what i did before but it is correct now.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #15
offutd
Not Yet Wild

Took off the cover for the charging recepticle to get a look at a "reed" switch and discovered that mine is bad. I've seen threads on how to bypass but nothing that really makes me understand. I know its bad because the where the white and red wire should be connected by the glass bubble is broke. Would a simple bypass be to take the red wire coming from the F/R controller and go to a negative battery post or the negative charging post? All the help has been great so far i really appreciate it!
Old 07-04-2015, 10:18 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Okay, your meter has user selectable scales.
I've been using meters for over 50 years and have been mislead by auto-ranging meters a few times, so I'm acutely aware of tricks they will play on an unsuspecting user.

Since the maximum voltage reading in your cart is about 38V, I have no idea how you read 85 on the 200VDC scale of your meter.

Setting that aside, what is the voltage on the smaller of the three wires coming out of the back of the charge receptacle?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #17
offutd
Not Yet Wild

Ok the when i put my tester on the battery negative and the white cord coming out of the charging recepticle i got 0. I then looked up the reed switch thing and snipped the white wire at the close to the reed switch and put a terminal on it and removed the red wire and installed the white wire on the hot lead coming out of the charger. then plugged the quick connect back to the red wire running to the F/R switch and all is good!! So i am saying a bad reed switch and i know that now the cart will take off even if its plugged in. I appreciate all the help you guys and if you can think of anything else then this concludes my post. cart is running great now.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

EZGO stopped using installing reed switches in their carts around 2007 or so. My 2008 has a small fuse installed in the charge receptacle instead of a reed switch.

If there is the possibility someone might drive the cart away with the charger plugged into it, loop the charger cable through the steering wheel as a reminder.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:45 AM   #19
offutd
Not Yet Wild

good thinking will do!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #20
stang99x
Gone Wild

Nevermind, I didn't see the 2nd page of posts. Gratz on fixing it. Reed switches fail often. 99% of people just bypass them. Be mindful of the plug and you won't have to worry about driving off with it plugged in
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clicks, lose power, stops
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO