lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2018, 08:34 PM   #11
old hippie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stealth 72v Night Hawk 4x4 problem

I have a 72v 2011 nighthawk that I just installed new batteries in. I just went back and forth in my shop a few times to make sure that it moved. I had to adjust the hill brake and went to run the cart out and nothing. I hear the micro switch for the throttle clicking but nothing at the solenoid. Help would be appreciated !!
old hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #12
Purple Frog
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

two and a half years later...

I did have to change out the second on-board battery charger in 2019.

Now, Grandpa got stuck in the woods again... Pulled up to the tree stand. But could not get the buggy to go in reverse.

We got it turned around and drove it home. Forward fine, But... no reverse.

When put in reverse and throttle depressed, solenoids click and appears to have voltage to motor...

Anyone out there in the world wide web got any ideas?
Purple Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:48 PM   #13
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Read this thread starting on page 3. He has no reverse either.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=170333&page=3
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:19 AM   #14
Purple Frog
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks! Going to run those controller tests. I'll report back so it will help other readers.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #15
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Good, we'll all benefit from that!
Old 11-30-2020, 09:35 PM   #16
Purple Frog
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Because I have to go to another state to work on the buggy, it will be a few days before i can do the tests.

Meanwhile... Today i spent about 8 hours using the search feature on this great forum to study up on the history of Stealth. My conclusion: it is sort of a dumpster fire. A lot of good intentions that went upside down.

No manuals, No wiring diagrams. A few vendors doing their best to help folks out. But, many of the machines were built differently within the same model year.

But, there are folks out there with these buggies. Some like my 80+ year old grandparents that spent over $10K for their equipment. It is hard to just walk away from an investment like that. Especially if a $100 or $200 part would fix it.

So, unfortunately I'm learning a lot more than I wanted to in order to help them out. And, as I find any information of any value I will post it to try to keep the info available. Looking back over the years on this forum there are dozens and dozens of posts asking for help, and no response at all to their request. Sometimes good folks just don't know the answer, or they PM them off-line and don't share the answer?

Many times in the past somebody would come up with a solution to their problem but they didn't come back to the forum and post the solution. That hurts all the remaining owners. Just saying.

I find BGW a great resource. Maybe we can help out Stealth owners if we post as much good info as we find it.

If you are thinking about buying or getting a Stealth you need to go into the adventure with your eyes wide open.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:53 PM   #17
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Amen to that! That testing procedure for the controller that BamaBrad posted is the only official looking info from Stealth that I've ever seen. There is a poster on this forum who goes by Sunoco that must have been a dealer or rep. of some kind because he knows more about them than anybody. But he doesn't check the forum very often. He also has parts available, but if you order from him you'd better be prepared to wait a good while before they come.

So as you said, we'll just have to try and help each other out with the inevitable problems that come up and leave a record here of our efforts. Because as Brad says, we'll probably have the same thing happen to us eventually.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #18
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

What I have noticed is that everything on my Stealth is basic things that Stealth put their name on. The front end is kinda custom to make the front drive and independant suspension, but rest of cart is same as other carts and parts aren't that hard to get. Testing components is same as Club Car or EZgo.
I love my Stealth for what I use it for..the HuntV is the only thing close ($16,000).
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #19
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]
Many times in the past somebody would come up with a solution to their problem but they didn't come back to the forum and post the solution. That hurts all the remaining owners. Just saying.

I agree, we should always post our solutions to help each other. I feel that I will have the problem eventually and be nice to research others solution.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #20
Purple Frog
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Update;

Went up to Georgia yesterday and put the beast up on jack stands and did all the tests that were spelled out in the Stealth documents that were posted on this site previously.

Unfortunately I can not find a copy of Page 2 of the "Trouble Shooting" document... which probably covers testing Pin #3 of the controller...

The vehicle passed all the tests....except...
When I checked the Reverse Contactor when I first depressed the throttle the voltage did drop to zero as it should. But as the pedal was increased there was no rise in voltage, and the wheels didn't spin in reverse.

Note that the same throttle pedal works good in forward. So I am assuming it is not the pedal.

Line Contactor works fine.
Forward Contactor works fine.
Pin #1 on controller passes its test.
Pin #2 on controller passes its test.

I'm open to any advice from the hive.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts