lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2021, 03:16 PM   #1
kizmys
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman UTV-MAX Engine Replacement

Hi, All - I'm an old Club Car member, but this is a new account because the site wouldn't let me reset the password on my old one. My wife's newly restored '98 Cushman UTV-MAX blew its engine (14 HP V-Twin Vanguard P/N 294447 Type 1155-E1). I'm seeing some replacements on eBay with the same P/N but different Type Code. I'm requesting if anyone can help me to determine if these may work as replacements.

Someone commented on FB the Type Code specified paint scheme and RPM range, but I couldn't get an answer if the same p/n would be a drop-in part. Can anyone here give a definite answer? If the type code controls other critical physical specs (e.g shaft length/diameter, rotation direction, etc.), what are they?

Thanks so much in advance for your guidance!
kizmys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2021, 07:56 PM   #2
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cushman UTV-MAX Engine Replacement

I would say any V-twin should work. I don’t think you will be able to do any drop-ins, but a good idea is a big block swap. Those are beasts and they should work with your cart, with a bit of modification.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 07:57 AM   #3
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman UTV-MAX Engine Replacement

Have you tried the engine manufacturer? They should be able to tell you everything that you want to know about the engines that they have made and even supply a manual for it.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts