lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Equislover
Not Yet Wild

Default Cushman Hawk Transaxle help desperately needed

Good afternoon all. I have a 2000 Cushman Hawk, model 797013 with the discontinued Comex transaxle 178877. I understand these transaxles are no longer available. We disassembled it and discovered broken sprockets.
First question, is it possible to find replacement sprockets?
Second question, has anyone found a suitable replacement transaxle? Any help is greatly appreciated. Surely there is someway to save this thing (financially reasonably that is).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cushman 1.jpg (98.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cushman .jpg (88.4 KB, 0 views)
Equislover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2021, 04:20 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Cushman Hawk Transaxle help desperately needed

I'm not a Cushman expert, but they are a division of Textron, which owns Ezgo and Jacobsen. If parts for that transaxle are discontinued, I doubt aftermarket parts for it exist, unless it's a super common unit. It's possible you might be able to find that transaxle used if you can identify what model it is. There are bound to be other models that it was used on.

If not, that transaxle does have the same configuration/setup as many golf carts and with some fabrication etc you likely could get a different transaxle to fit in there.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comex, cushman, hawk, transaxle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts