lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
tadub19
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Exclamation 1969 Midwest Metal Stamping Co GOLFKAR

Hey guys!
I'm in some need of help here. I recently bought a 1969 Midwest Metal Stamping Company GOLFKAR from a guy and in the middle of a restore. Problem is that I searched on hours on end online for information and possible parts and diagrams on this thing but I literally could only find 3 things online and they were all just pictures of ads from the early 70s of golf carts for sale. The company went under and is no longer in existence. The engine is an 8hp Kohler and it appears to be a continuous running cart instead of having a microswitch stop and go like golf carts have had for decades and it appears that it does not have a reverse function.

It is a unique little bugger. single pedal for acceleration and braking and the side angle mounting for the golf bags.
tadub19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1969 Midwest Metal Stamping Co GOLFKAR

Neat cart!
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 07:03 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Cool looking old GC!

Maybe you can try contacting vintagegolfcartparts.com , seems like if anyone would have knowledge of your GC, they would.

Good luck!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #4
tadub19
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Thanks guys! I haven't contacted vintagegolfcartparts yet but I notice that they don't have this cart as an option when searching for particular parts. I'm bound and determined to get this fully restored, even if it means fabricating my own parts or canning off of different carts to make it work!
tadub19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like you are well on your way. I'm interested in following along. I'm sure folks on here will be able to offer ideas if you get stuck on anything.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts