lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #181
k7pedgbb
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Western

I have a Western 400 and an Elegante I have removed the roof from both to service the batteries. I remove the 4 bolts on the rear vertical support and the 2 on the front vertical post supports. A little hard to hold the nuts on the rear, but doable.
Gordon
k7pedgbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #182
grace2
Not Yet Wild

Default Western Elegante Lincoln

I, also, have joined the ranks of the "almost antique" Western owners.

Mine was in "decent" shape for its age. Naturally shows signs of grandkids shenanigans, but definitely doable.

I did not get nearly as good a deal as the Short Bus Driver, but I am happy so far.

Right now it is in the paint shop and I am shopping for batteries, cables, and other trinkets. The cart is actually for my wife to run around the retirement community, I was extremely pleased when she agreed with the purchase and the rebuild plans.

I stayed up way past my bedtime reading this thread in its entirety. It was certainly worth it to see how others have handled the trick of juggling time, money, family and other items that always seem to get in the way of projects.

I am amazed at the attention to detail and the handiwork of owners of the Western classics.

Good job, all.

Pics forthcoming.

Dennis
grace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #183
ShortBusDriver
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I know its been awhile...OK, its been years but I'm still here. I'm glad to see some other Western owners have picked up on the thread. The cart is still a basket case in the garage but I want you all to know that I'm getting back to it. Its just been one of those things ya know. It gets put away but never really forgotten. Driving around the neighborhood looking at the Xmas lights in the van just made me want to get this cart put back together. It would have been much more fun in the cart.

Anyway, The seats are done and I wanted to show them off. Real happy with the color choice. I went with "bittersweet" (almost a saddle) with black piping. I'm thinking candy apple red is going to look fine with them. I placed a bucket that I had in the garage that's close to the color I want.

ShortBusDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #184
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Sweet Seats!!!

Welcome back, I was wondering about you the other day. I know how life goes, mine took 3 years to finish. So I'm right there with ya. Keep the updates coming.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #185
ShortBusDriver
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks man. Just checked out your build thread. You cart turned out off the hook cool. I plan to read all the paint and body threads as well before I start on all the fiberglass work.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #186
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

If you have any questions, hollar at me. I've done everything that can be done wrong.
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 AM   #187
ShortBusDriver
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Oh yeah, I'll have questions.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #188
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My question is why does this girl keep falling for the smell my finger trick over and over again. It's been years! Right?

PS:
Very nice seats indeed!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:31 PM   #189
ShortBusDriver
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Hey!!! Remember me? Came back to say I never finished the cart. It’s been sitting in my garage since my last post. Life got in the way.

If anyone is close to Tucson, the cart is for sale in the state that it’s in. Here are pics. Gonna take a hit on this. The upholstery alone cost me $1000.
Here are some pics from today.
Old 01-31-2022, 02:21 PM   #190
Wayman
Not Yet Wild

I have several westerns like the above but 4 seaters. Im looking for parts. Not sure where to post but needing some help finding the rear reflectors on the tailgate and other body parts. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2017.jpg (315.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2016.jpg (137.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2015.jpg (93.0 KB, 0 views)
Wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts