lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
Peeweem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Rear end leveling w/ 5" Jakes drop axle kit

Ok guys, here's the deal I put a Jakes 5" drop axle kit on a 99' EZ GO elec. cart and I ordered the HD 3-leaf springs from Eagle Golf Carts with the HD gas shocks. Here's the problem: I don't even have the gas shocks on the back yet just the lift kit with the new leaf springs. It really sits up higher in the back end like a Hot Rod look. I really want to drop it back down level with the front end. I am having a hard time figuring out how I can drop it just a little bit. I have tried loosening the bolts on both ends of the shackles in back and putting 2 grown men in the golf bag wells trying to jump on it and compress it enough to push the shackles towards the rear of the cart thus lowering an inch or so to no avail. The only other thing I can think of to do at this point is drill another hole about an inch & half above the lower one on the shackle.? Any ideas about what else may work. Thanks Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg liftedcart.jpg (164.2 KB, 17 views)
Peeweem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Fleck
Gone Crazy

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rear end leveling w/ 5" Jakes drop axle kit

Unless you are running a rear seat (Any extra added wieght on the back); You shouldn't need the HD rear springs. They are made to lift the cart to compensate for added wieght. I would run the stock ones. Just my opinion
Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #3
Peeweem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, I am planning on adding the rear seat soon, but the whole kit isn't gonna weigh as much me an a friend who got up in the back end trying to settle it down some. I may just have some custom shackles made that are shorter to bring the back end of the of the spring up which will bring the back end down. I think? Jeff
Old 08-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You should have added new HD front springs when you added the lift kit. Your stocker springs are most likely 11 tears old and are weak...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #5
Peeweem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So you think replacing the fronts with the new HD springs might add some extra height there and be closer to the height of the back? If so I might think seriously about that because I'm not crazy about this Hot Rod look I got going on. LOL
Old 08-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I can tell you that with OEM EZGO springs, the HD's will give you about 1/2" more lift in the front. AFTERMARKET springs are not the same as OEM. Our experience has been that most aftermarket HD's are no stiffer than the OEM Standard spring...

Ball is in your court on what you buy...

BTW - HD rear springs are 4 leaf, not 3...

Old 08-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #7
Peeweem
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is odd about the rear springs, because like you say I was expecting a 4 leaf spring, but when they arrived last friday they were only 3 leafs to them that I got from Eagle golf carts. The HD shocks were strictly Gabriel shocks I could've bought from my local Auto Zone. go figure. Yeah I don't know but they're only 3 leafs to them.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeweem View Post
That is odd about the rear springs, because like you say I was expecting a 4 leaf spring, but when they arrived last friday they were only 3 leafs to them that I got from Eagle golf carts. The HD shocks were strictly Gabriel shocks I could've bought from my local Auto Zone. go figure. Yeah I don't know but they're only 3 leafs to them.
Another example of online shopping....

Old 08-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

You can make drop shackles for the rear to lower the ride height.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts