lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2015, 10:17 AM   #1
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

Default Did I do good

a few days ago I went down to my supply store, ie Recycler. They had about a dozen old carts that someone brought in and they got my attention so I had to go check them out. I found one that is a CC like I have only newer, It has the FS290 engine in it. I purchased the engine, locked up and missing the carb but has the clutch and most all the other parts, the transaxle and it appears to be in good shape, spins smooth no roughness. complete with the rear brakes plus the sheave and the shift cable. The rear shocks that seem to be in better shape than the ones on my 84 CC and will be going back today to get the rear springs just in case I might need them later. My cart is an 84 with the flathead engine that runs well and all that so I put a 6 inch lift kit on it and then went back to the original springs which settled it back down to about the equivalent of a 4 inch lift with 12 inch wheels and 10.5 X 23 tires. I also added some radius rods that connect to a bracket I bolted to frame about 8 inches or so behind the lower rear what the kit calls the lower a frame that is connected with rubber for isolation at both ends. I used shock upper rubbers for that job.I bought the lift kit from ebay and knowing what i know now I would have bought a different kit but water under the bridge and all that so I added the braces that hold the bottom of the a frames from any movement to and from at the bottom. I use it for Mushroom foraging and its working out well for me so far. Lots of steep hills and just generally rough trails to traverse

As soon as I can take the time I will add pictures of the radius arms I added to the front suspension so you can see what I'm talking about. I don't know the correct term to call what I'm calling the radius arms.

Am I right in that this transaxle is the exact same as the one in my 84?
Numbers on Transaxle Code MC008A BS01
MC008A6C2236

I have a couple other threads on here explaining what I've done to help me in the hill climbing category and one has pictures of my cart

Please talk to me and lets discuss what I'm up too.
thanks
Peace
15 month incountry VietNam Vet
David

Last edited by David Maner; 02-24-2015 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Add cost of what I purchased of items in this post. 20 bucks
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Did I do good

As long as the axle came out of a '96 or older Club Car I believe the axle should be fine in your '84. If it was a '97 or newer, the axle case would look completely different. Does the new axle look like the old one, case-wise?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:30 PM   #3
David Maner
Morel Man

Club Car

I went down today and got the serial number from the cart I got it from and it is a '96
AG 9648-546060
I got both clutches and the broken motor too for 20 bucks Clutches look good. Haven't checked to see if this clutch will fit my flat head engine. If it will I'll probably swap it out as this one is a lot newer. Mine rattles some like some of the pins are getting worn. Hopefully someone will let me know if they'll change out.
David Maner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If everything came off a '96, the clutches should work fine too.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car