lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 11:56 PM   #1
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Added Second Muffler Question

I didn't like how much blowing dust my 2003 gas Club Car created by the exhaust when I was on an unpaved cart path so I cut off about 6" of the tail pipe and welded on a lawn mower muffler. The second muffler is about 6" long and 2" in diameter and dissipates the exhaust flow so it doesn't create so much dust.

My question is whether the additional back pressure will create any long term negative effects on the engine. Due to all the cold weather I have only played 2 or 3 rounds of golf since I put in new rings, gaskets, seals, new coil, machined clutches, belts, etc. My concern would be that it might cause the engine to heat up more. It shouldn't be a problem until we get into our Texas summer.

Anyone have previous experience with this or think this will create a problem? It runs fine like it is.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Added Second Muffler Question

This could turn into a long pro and con discussion about back pressure.
I wouuld pull the spark plug and check its color as the season warms up.
You may want to in vest in a cheap infra red thermometer.

http://www.harborfreight.com/infrare...ter-93984.html
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car