lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default How to determine manufacture year of Kawasaki engine

Hello all. I just bought a used customized club car Precedent and I’m trying to determine what year the engine is. The sticker on it has the following serial number FE350D208256. I’m told by the dealer I purchased this from that it is a 2016 but I have some doubts. Thanks in advance for the help.
Jason E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: How to determine manufacture year of Kawasaki engine

Is your curiosity due to your other thread?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...top-speed.html

Are you looking for the year of the cart? or the year of the engine? (a 2016 would also raise my curiosity!)

Unfortunately, you can't tell the year of the engine by the bar code tag,
The only way I know how to find the year of the engine, is the emissions tag on the right hand (rear) side of the engine shroud...

My cart is an 07... the engine was built in 06.

Sadly, there really isn't an easy way to view, or access that tag because of the backside of the engine/trans mounting pan,
You'll need to remove the drive belt, intake tube, exhaust, all of the engine mounting bolts, and swivel the engine on the pan to see it.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Is your curiosity due to your other thread?

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...top-speed.html

Are you looking for the year of the cart? or the year of the engine? (a 2016 would also raise my curiosity!)

Unfortunately, you can't tell the year of the engine by the bar code tag,
The only way I know how to find the year of the engine, is the emissions tag on the right hand (rear) side of the engine shroud...

My cart is an 07... the engine was built in 06.

Sadly, there really isn't an easy way to view, or access that tag because of the backside of the engine/trans mounting pan,
You'll need to remove the drive belt, intake tube, exhaust, all of the engine mounting bolts, and swivel the engine on the pan to see it.

Well isn't that convenient...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:40 AM   #4
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks again lockman. Yes my question does kind of pertain to my other thread. I want to find out the year of the engine so I can get info on how to make adjustments, get parts, etc. The cart itself is an 09 but the guy I bought this thing from is telling me it’s an “e to g conversion” from when there was a shortage of gas carts on the market and Club Car did the rebuilds in their factory by puttting new gas motors in older carts...... Complete bullshit artist..... Ultimately I’m just trying to get as much factual info on this thing so I can start educating myself on it. For the money I spent on this cart I need to get many years of use to get my moneys worth out of it. Pretty sure I bought myself a hobby now..... which I’m fine with but I want to make sure I’m using the right info for when I start tinkering with this bad boy.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:41 AM   #5
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My thoughts exactly Dave
Old 11-04-2017, 09:30 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason E View Post
... The cart itself is an 09 but the guy I bought this thing from is telling me it’s an “e to g conversion” from when there was a shortage of gas carts on the market and Club Car did the rebuilds in their factory by puttting new gas motors in older carts......
Actually... Club Car did, and still does do that!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes Club Car has long done the “factory refurbished “ thing. What I question is that in 2016 CC wasn’t using the Kawasaki engines. They were using the Subaru EFI engines. I suppose it could have been a rebuilt earlier year engine that was done in 2016. Still have to see if you can get at the emissions tag. Haven’t tried it but maybe an inspection mirror. At the shop I’ve got one of those Harbor Frieght inspection cameras, might do it without disassembling everything.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:59 AM   #8
Jason E
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Yes Club Car has long done the “factory refurbished “ thing. What I question is that in 2016 CC wasn’t using the Kawasaki engines. They were using the Subaru EFI engines. I suppose it could have been a rebuilt earlier year engine that was done in 2016. Still have to see if you can get at the emissions tag. Haven’t tried it but maybe an inspection mirror. At the shop I’ve got one of those Harbor Frieght inspection cameras, might do it without disassembling everything.
That’s a great idea! I’m not looking to dig too deep into this thing yet considering we just got it yesterday and want to play on it a little before I take it off the road for mods.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:00 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Ezgo is doing the same thing with e to g. Problem you have is it might have been done in 2016 but no idea what year motor it is. I don’t think you will have problems as long as you order by the motor and not the cart. Kawasaki hasn’t changed a bunch.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #10
compmikey
Getting Wild

Club Car

Factory refurbs? I love this list. I learn new stuff every week.
compmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car