lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
fatboy11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default starting issue - electrical

2008 gas club car precedent will not even begin to crank as if dead battery. Battery is less than a year old and had load tested at local parts store. Checks 12.56V with voltmeter currently. Replaced solenoid because all tests led to that being bad. Replaced voltage regulator. Replaced brushes in starter ( they were to the warning line). Checked micro switch at pedal checks OK. Pedal switch also has voltage when key is turned on. Solenoid small terminals have battery voltage when key is on.

What seemed odd was while testing with a test light I just put clip on battery side of solenoid and touched other large pole and light came on. I'm not sure this is normal because test light was not hooked to ground.

Tried jumping across 2 large posts on solenoid and starter did not turn. I took 2 small wires off of solenoid and jumped those posts with battery cables still nothing.

Found 2 fuses and both test OK.

What is my problem? Can a starter short to ground? Do I have an issue that I haven't listed?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #2
fatboy11
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: starting issue - electrical

Any help would be great. Still scratching my head.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuses, short circuit, starter, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car