lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2020, 07:54 AM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 RXV in need of charge meter and a little more pep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Golfer View Post
When using a voltmeter on a 48 volt system, what are your readings at 100% charged, 50% charged, etc? I am used to seeing the 0% - 100% gauges, but I am struggling to find a digital gauge that can be seen in sunlight and is accurate.

I need something easy to understand so my wife knows when it's time to be plugged in.
This is what I did. The women in my life absolutely refuse to look at the digital meter and frankly it is of little use with the cart in motion as it fluctuates a lot but it is useful to me for other things. The segmented meter is bad mouthed a lot on this board. However, it is used extensively in my area on thousands of carts and has been for years. Both gauges are wired directly to the battery and always on. The RXV has a connection behind the dash where you can plug in a factory or a specific after market gauge. The problem with these is they get their information from the controller and NOT the batteries. They are notorious for being inaccurate. In any case, all battery meters should be used as a guide only and you should understand their limitations. In my area the meters are important since there are more than 100 miles of purpose built cart paths so it is entirely possible to get far enough away from a charger that you can't get back. If your cart use is just around a subdivision or something you may not even need a meter. These carts will do 20 miles easily with healthy batteries. Just charge it every night after use and every couple of weeks if not used at all. The charger that comes with cart doesn't have a maintenance function so you have to keep up with it manually.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0433.jpg (418.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png state of charge.png (183.0 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!
Indy Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:16 PM   #13
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I found this state of charge meter that shows both % and voltage, thought it would be nice to have both in one. For some reason it stays on 14.4V, even after a long drive that dropped the range from 80% to 66%.

I'll need to do some research on it, not sure if there is a way to reset it. Let me know if you have any thoughts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gauge %.jpg (84.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Gauge Volts.jpg (85.4 KB, 0 views)
Indy Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO