lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2020, 12:57 PM   #1
na2so4h2o
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question RXV Light Kit Question

What is the difference between 08-15 and 16+ RXVs for companies like MadJax to offer 2 different light kits?

I like the tail lights of the 16+ in the kit that MadJax offers but I have a 2014 so I assume it wouldn't work?

It runs off of voltage reducer so it isn't plugging into anything on the cart. Did the body change in 2016 that significantly that molded lights wouldn't work?
Thanks!
na2so4h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV Light Kit Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by na2so4h2o View Post
What is the difference between 08-15 and 16+ RXVs for companies like MadJax to offer 2 different light kits?

I like the tail lights of the 16+ in the kit that MadJax offers but I have a 2014 so I assume it wouldn't work?

It runs off of voltage reducer so it isn't plugging into anything on the cart. Did the body change in 2016 that significantly that molded lights wouldn't work?
Thanks!
Headlights are same on all RXV's. In 2016 they made the bagwell larger so 2016 and up have different tail lights.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:08 PM   #3
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As pointed out by rockfordpi, the bag well change caused the rear body contours to change which caused the lights to change. I have a 2016+ rear body on my 2010 RXV and recently installed the MadJax Ultimate light kit.

I really like this kit for the modern automotive style stalk with DRLs, turn signals, Hi/Lo beams, horn, flasher and self cancelling signals. It also has an auxiliary rotary barrel switch on the stalk to connect two additional accessories that can be switched.

The brake light switch is a micro-switch that mounts in the pedal well rather than the older screw-on pad type brake switch.

You can see the relatively narrow clearance for the tail lights on the 2016+.

Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:39 PM   #4
Indy Golfer
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post
As pointed out by rockfordpi, the bag well change caused the rear body contours to change which caused the lights to change. I have a 2016+ rear body on my 2010 RXV and recently installed the MadJax Ultimate light kit.

I really like this kit for the modern automotive style stalk with DRLs, turn signals, Hi/Lo beams, horn, flasher and self cancelling signals. It also has an auxiliary rotary barrel switch on the stalk to connect two additional accessories that can be switched.

The brake light switch is a micro-switch that mounts in the pedal well rather than the older screw-on pad type brake switch.

You can see the relatively narrow clearance for the tail lights on the 2016
I need to check to see how my kit was installed, my turn signals don't cancel.
Indy Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 06:56 AM   #5
na2so4h2o
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevota Guy View Post

You can see the relatively narrow clearance for the tail lights on the 2016+.

I really like those tail lights. I wonder if there isn't some place on the first gen bodies that would somewhat match the contours of the light and the body?

Thanks everyone!
na2so4h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #6
Chevota Guy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Golfer View Post
I need to check to see how my kit was installed, my turn signals don't cancel.
My kit has a timer to cancel the turn signals at ~25-30 seconds although it is a fairly recent product. Even so, I decided to add a couple of small LED indicators on the dash to help remind me.

Another option that I've seen and like is the side mirrors with the automotive style LEDs at eye level.
Chevota Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:56 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think self cancelling signals is relatively new to golf carts.
I replaced the flasher thingy with one that beeps off Ebay. Plug n play and no wiring changes. In my case just had to get under the front "hood" to get to it. Easy on a RXV.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:42 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
I think self cancelling signals is relatively new to golf carts.
I replaced the flasher thingy with one that beeps off Ebay. Plug n play and no wiring changes. In my case just had to get under the front "hood" to get to it. Easy on a RXV.
1990-95 Yamaha G5 had factory installed "self cancelling" turn signals.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:25 AM   #9
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by na2so4h2o View Post
I really like those tail lights. I wonder if there isn't some place on the first gen bodies that would somewhat match the contours of the light and the body?

Thanks everyone!
I like the look of those as well. You could always grab a newer style rear body and put it on your cart. A quick eBay search revealed they are out there both new and used.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:46 AM   #10
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Man I wish I’d seen that kit when I did mine. I’d like the extra switch function right on the stalk for my rear floodlights.

What I really need to add are some little LED indicators on the dash wired to the turn signals. It’s hard to tell if they’re on.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO