lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #11
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Re: Pds solenoid clicks but doesn’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The XCT for a PDS cart has jacks that the plugs of the cart's wiring harness plug into. Those being:
1. J1 - 10 pin from main wiring harness.
2. J3 - 4 pin from Run/Tow switch
3. J4 - 4 pin from pedal box
4. J5 - 3 pin from speed sensor.

Note: Jacks J 1.3.4. & 5 are labeled C 1, 3, 4 & 5 of attached Alltrax schematic.

You'll need a 3 pin plug, or some way the connect the speed sensor.

Here is a link to a new speed sensor: https://www.amazon.com/EZGO-73327G01.../dp/B00CAWZVZK
You can find better pricing.
I think I need a new J1-10 adapter for cart. As one of the pins inside the adapter burned. If you buy a new adapter do you have to splice in 10 new wires? If that’s the case I think I’ll just bypass the one bad pin in the adapter and splice in that wire....
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2020, 10:05 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
I think I need a new J1-10 adapter for cart. As one of the pins inside the adapter burned. If you buy a new adapter do you have to splice in 10 new wires? If that’s the case I think I’ll just bypass the one bad pin in the adapter and splice in that wire....
Are you talking about the PDS to DCX Adapter (Attachment-1) or about the cart's Control Wiring Harness (Attachment-2)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS to DCX adapter.JPG (116.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS control harness.jpg (76.1 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:18 AM   #13
georgia088
Gone Wild

Quote:
Are you talking about the PDS to DCX Adapter (Attachment-1) or about the cart's Control Wiring Harness (Attachment-2)
The second one. I assume the pds to dcx will no longer be needed. I also see from your picture the harness had connectors on the other end so I guess I would not need to splice... however it is only one pin inside the connecter that is bad. I suppose I could pull the plastic “plug” down and crimp new ends on? What are these metal “ends” called? I guess you can order them? Sorry about my lack of using proper terminology. Thanks again.
Old 07-18-2020, 10:46 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The metal pieces that plug together are called pins and are either male or female.
The pins are mounted in a plastic (nylon) connector housing.

The white 10 pin plug on the control harness is made by Molex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector

I don't know the part numbers for the plug or for the pins, but somebody on here might.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:19 PM   #15
georgia088
Gone Wild

Quote:
The metal pieces that plug together are called pins and are either male or female.
The pins are mounted in a plastic (nylon) connector housing.

The white 10 pin plug on the control harness is made by Molex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector

I don't know the part numbers for the plug or for the pins, but somebody on here might.
I have found several kits with pins and crimping tools, I am just not sure which size pins these are in this connector. According to Wikipedia link you provided,, “ There are three typical pin sizes: 1.57 mm (0.062 in), 2.13 mm (0.084 in), and 2.36 mm (0.093 in)” any idea which size these would be?

Ok, I am ready to order the controller I have a solenoid. I am going to fix (crimp pin connectors) any connectors that need fixing. Is there anything else I need to order other than the controller to hook this bad boy up? Thanks again!
Old 07-18-2020, 06:10 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

No idea what size, not even a guess.

Suggest you call Ted at Alltrax (541-476-3565 ext. 110) and ask him. He ought to know or at least be able to find out what size pin are used on XCT controllers.

If the DCX worked, the XCT should also.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Go look at this Molex cable 245135-1005. Cable with a 10 pin connector on each end. Cut it in half and figure out which wire goes to each pin and splice it in. Like $25 plus shipping
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:24 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Go look at this Molex cable 245135-1005. Cable with a 10 pin connector on each end. Cut it in half and figure out which wire goes to each pin and splice it in. Like $25 plus shipping
Are the pins the correct gender??????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0148.jpg (241.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg J1 shown with tab at bottom.jpg (385.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2020, 10:33 AM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

My bad. I thought he needed the one that plugged into the controller.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
My bad. I thought he needed the one that plugged into the controller.
He needs the 10-pin plug on a PDS cart's wiring harness that plugs into the controller.

The pictures I attached shows the J1 plug on the harness (Male pins) and the J1 jack on a stock PDS controller (Female pins). The J1 (C1) jack on a XCT is the same as the stock controller.

Here's the 10-pin male version from about 6" up to 18" and tinned or gold contacts. Probably can find better prices by googling the part number of the one you want. https://www.molex.com/molex/search/d...igin=_l1stv13w

FWIW: Series and DCS carts do have female plugs on the wiring harness plug to the controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO