lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Easygoer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Throttle Linkage - Jetting

Hi all...I just bought 2002 TXT. Was used in Colorado. Has a tag on it that says it has a high altitude jet in it for 6-10,000ft elevation.
Question 1: I will be ultimately using it at 4,000 ft do I need to change the jet or even worry about it?
If so...where is the jet and where can you purchase different size jets?
AND:
Since this came off a golf course, it feels like it is throttled down, it starts fine, has great acceleration from the git-go, then seems to govern down.
Question 2: Is there an adjustment to maximize the speed; where is it, how do you adjust, etc.
Right now we live in the Phx,AZ area and elevation is about 1100 ft.
THANKS A LOT
Easygoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throttle Linkage - Jetting

THe jet from 6000 ft will be very lean to match the lean air. It will run V. lean at 1000 Ft. when the air is increased the fuel must be also .... if not you run the risk of doing engine damage... I think the stock jetting should work fine from 1 -4000 ft elevation. You may have to contact an Ezgo dealer to find out what all they change on their 'milehigh' carts?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Easygoer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throttle Linkage - Jetting

Checked with dealer about jetting. They said if I did have a high altitude jet (6,000') and tried to run it at 1,000' elevation it would not run; literally it would spit and sputter. The cart runs fine and most likely the sticker on the engine is old and I pulled it off. A new stock factory jet costs $24 is good for elevations from sea level to 4,000' and requires taking the carb apart to replace. Just for everyones information. Happy Thanksgiving.
Easygoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO