lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
wslonger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Surging, clutch problem ?

I finished my lift and got a new belt one that was on was chewed up pretty badly.
After driving around a bit I notice that the Driven clutch doesn't seem to engage properly on jack stands it reves out but is very jumpy, Now I did notice that the buttons are about gone on the driven clutch will this cause a sort of surging and the cart to not to get up to speed.
I also noticed that there is alot of rattling coming from the drive clutch and the new belt is getting messed up already.
So anyone looking to buy a good running 2pg motor 120psi compression?
May just be putting a atv motor in at this point not going to spend money on new clutches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.jpg (44.0 KB, 5 views)
wslonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Surging, clutch problem ?

I recently had my 98 txt four stroke do the same exact thing with the jumpiness. You could touch the pedal and it would jump and surge. Turns out the primary clutch spring had broken and the clutch would engage instantly resulting in a real jumpy ride. I popped the clutch off the engine and swapped and problem solved... Sounds like you might have the same problem...
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

How much for the engine?
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
wslonger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

GoTeeMan,
I am not sure I'm selling the engine yet I need to get out in the garage and tear the clutch down to find out whats worn and if it can be repaired. I'll post up if I decide to sell it.
wslonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO