lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: welding the clutch??? with picture

Yes. As soon as you draw an arch, Quit ... Use the cart and go on with life as you were intending

I'll explain myself to ess and Dooms if they pm me.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #22
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I am sure its aluminum it should be tiged.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #23
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

scotty, can you add me to the arch list? jim
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #24
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

dewy- just spot weld the sucker. its only metal and with agood grinder can be reversed if it fails. KISS jim
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #25
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

No explanation required, He'll know soon enough
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:56 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

No sense arguing He is gonna do it anyway He's asking us if there are any negative repercussions from doing something none of us would do just because he is a 'look at my paint, don't give a chit about mechanics' kind of young man yet to learn what really counts

Go play golf
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #27
dewy
Getting Wild

wow, you guys are sure hard on a guy... all i wanted to know was if it was going to wreck the clutch (put a hole in it, make it not run properly somehow).. i was unsure of whether it was aluminum or metal... i wasnt going to do it regardless, first i wanted an answer as to whether welding it would "wreck" it in any way, and no one gave me a answer... if fixing it properly is the only way to fix it without wrecking it, thats the way i will have to do it then... if a weld job would hold until i can get it fixed properly was what i wanted to know... im sure none of you can say that you havent slapped a fix together to get something to work just for a short time until a proper fix could be done... just because im not mechanically inclined im getting crapped on? it was a simple question that turned into a bunch of people b**chin at me because i wasnt going to take my time and do something the "proper way"....i live in saskatchewan where we get 2 months a year to golf, then we get 10 months of winter.. if i were to order parts they would take **** near a month to get to me... i want this thing on the course for those 2 months, i dont want to be working on it... i got 10 months in the winter to fix it up "properly" so any fix that will get it running right now is good enough for me.. maybe once i turn 50 and got nothing better to do then fix junk up and spend countless hours in my garage fixing things, i will put the time and effort into doing everything properly, right now im young, and want to get out and do the things i enjoy doing, which isnt spending hours upon hours fixing things i have no clue about.. like i said, this is a cheap cart intented to drive up and down the fairway, and thats all it needs to do, it doesnt have to look good doing it, and the fix jobs dont have to be perfect, just good enough to drive it without problems.... as long as it runs.. which is why i was asking if the weld would wreck the clutch, and nothing else... thats all i was worried about...
dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #28
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I'm rollin with scottyb on this one. I figured out from page 1 that sucker was gettin welded one way or the other. Experience is the best teacher. Let him weld it and learn that the right way is the best way. I just hope it makes all 18, if not hope he's with a buddy!!!

Just let it go dude.... I would fix it with the appropriate parts myself b/c thats the way I do it. The guys here i understand. They dont have an alternate method and if they did they wouldnt encourage you to rig it so to speak. They probably arent sure if it will or wont have a neg. effect on the cart b/c its not something they would do. Most of these guys are pro's at cart repair and they are tryin to give you the best logical answer they can give you, just look at their number of posts. They arent crappin on ya, they are just givin their best advice. I'm just tryin to find a happy medium. You want them to understand where you are comin from, so try to understand where they are comin from. Let's just all get along!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #29
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Golf carts and mechanical in general are not the only thing you dont have a clue about! Your question has been answered, move on. The more you say here the more aware we become of your youth and ignorance.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #30
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I can see your side with the background you gave us. We think you are going down an unknown road welding it and can not recomend something that could do harm to the machine or you or your family, friends riding it.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO