lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #11
Jblack
Getting Wild

Default Re: Clone throttle linkage help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-n-holly View Post
jblack do you want to sell the black box you took off mine has grown legs and walked off !!!!
Well I sort of butchered it up thinking I could use the bellcrank portion. So it found it's way to the trash...sorry.

So the cart is ready to fire! Just need to get some oil, a positive battery cable, and a exhaust clamp. So Wednesday will be shake down day. Just in time for the holiday weekend. I hope!
Jblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

In my yamaha the carb is at the rear, a pita. I made a linkage from the arm and mounted it above the fan housing. The stock cable goes to it and pulls the arm, the original rod is still on the carb didn't change that. Put that spring on the other side the short arm to be a return, seems to work well but not running yet. The governor I removed, may use that hole for the fuel pump since I can't fit a carb spacer and yamaha used the crankcase too.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I put up some photos of the linkage I made, can't see it well under there but if you look close you can see what I did.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-thread-3.html

The throttle is first using the old arm but you could make one. Cable has an angle bolted on there pointing down it mounts in. Choke is beyond that at end uses the rod to move choke. Both cables pull to work.

Here is a better photo you can see the throttle rod, the stock rod I did not mod at all just drilled holes there and used the one that worked right.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps