lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #31
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 ez go help

your clutch info is correct. you can usually check these things out by going to sponsor such as everything carts and see what their online catalogue says.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2011, 10:22 PM   #32
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Well took the carb apart but it was pretty clean I am missing the pilot adjustment screw. Anyone know where I might be able to get somethinglike that locally? I got all new fuel lines and a new fuel filter. Tomorrow I take apart fuel pump cause its not pumping like it should. Did a compression test today too and its got 120 OSI in both forward and reverse so that's good. I also sprayed carb cleaner at the crank seals and no popping or trying to start so I assume the crank seals are good. Knocking out one problem at a time getting there slowly. Still trying to figure out the throttle cable / linkage to work right.
cincinnati_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #33
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Can anyone help me with the accelerator cable / linkage issue. I'm gonna go to the local ez go dealer and see if I can't find the pilot screw .
Old 08-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #34
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I'll snap and post some pics for you late tomorrow morning
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #35
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Well I got a clutch off a 98 since according to the sponsor sites and others it should fit mine. Well I got the old clutch off and put the new one on and it bottoms out before it reaches the taper. Looks like I'm up s**t creek still looking for a clutch or I could machine out the hub on the one I got from the 98
Old 09-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #36
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Well I found this on Craigslist. The guy says its a 244 which is the 2pg engine which I cannot use. However he also said it is from a late 90s cart which is incorrect. It looks to me to be a 3pg engine. Oh and he wants 500 for everything. Here is the listing and some pics

For sale is some EZ GO Golf Cart parts. These are off of a late 90's model. All parts are in very good usable condition. The engine is a Robin 244cc Two Stroke, this is a complete engine. Also have the starter generator, voltage regulator, ignitor, solenoid wire harness with forward and reverse selector, oil tank, belt, primary clutch, and Driven clutch. If you are interested in any part or all parts please call and we can work out a price.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #37
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Anyone?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #38
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

well, I hate to say it but $500 (or even $400) should get you a complete running, driving cart (albeit not likely a very pretty one) ... Toss in the fact that there is no way to run the engine or test compression, etc and you can almost (to be safe) assume you are buying a core, same with the clutches. There's a good chance the muffler could have issues (plugged, bad baffles, etc) which could possibly be remedied with a muffler BBQ but again, now you're throwing extra labor at a project that you're already throwing money at, and the net result is still going to be used parts.

A new clutch is going to run you around $225, now let's say you roast the top end on YOUR motor (god forbid but just for the sake of my point) THEN you're out another $150 - net cost $375-ish and you have a NEW top end and a NEW clutch, as versus spending another $125 and having questionable USED ones plus the time and headache of installation, etc if you buy the used lot of parts.

At say $200, it's a relatively safe bet -any more than that though and you should think it over long and hard. The part you NEED is $225 and then it's brand new, the rest of the stuff in the lot is definitely "big" stuff, but not really the type of parts/components you will likely need to keep your cart running
Old 09-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #39
cincinnati_kid
Getting Wild

Yea I agree 500 seems really high. I just liked all the parts that came with it like starter, coil, solenoid, f r switch etc. I wouldn't pay 500 maybe 250
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #40
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

well, to break it down further, about the WORST thing that can happen to these Hitachi starters is brushes ($23), a high-output coil that is FAR superior to the stock one is $14 shipped (new), solenoids go $23 new, and there are no real wear items on the FR assembly (worst case if they get COMPLETELY crusted up is a $4 can of contact spray and a half hour labor) ... Unless you were looking at buying another bare cart and ressurecting it (which are few and far between, at least those worth saving) I would seriously make sure you stay at that $200 price point, MAX (providing the clutch works, at $200 you've saved $25 and have a good-sized shelf in the garage full of stuff you'll likely never use, which I have to admit is sometimes cool in itself, LOL)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO