lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
zrover
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha g9 electrical problem

I just got a yamaha g9 and im putting the engine back in it. The guy who took it out unpluged everything and i got it all back together and when i turn the key and push the pedal the silionid (i think thats what its called) Just clicks but the engine does not turn over. I have an electrical diagrahm but it is really hard to follow. Does anyone have a picture of theirs that i could see in a picture form and not a wiring diagram. thanks

Zack
zrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
zrover
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: yamaha g9 electrical problem

oh and it is gas
Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

I don't have any at the moment, but can take some tonight and post tomorrow. If you have a volt meter, I think there's alot of trouble shooting threads for this. I'm guessing you checked the 10amp fuse & the battery by now?
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #4
zrover
Not Yet Wild

ok now i have messed with it and it i hook it to a battery or a charger and it turns over really slow. Why would it be so slow like it is a dead battery. (It is new and fully charged, and i also jump it and it is slow. The silionid is clicking alot could it be the silionid? What else should i do
Old 08-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
djbanaszak
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

i just got done troubleshooting my electric problem on my 88' G2 oh boy, could be a few different electrical things, do you have a volt meter?
djbanaszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #6
zrover
Not Yet Wild

yes i have a volt meter where should i start

I dont get why the motor turns over really slow even with a new battery, jump start, or whatever. the engine turns freely so it is not seized or stuck
any ideas would be great

Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
djbanaszak
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

start at the battery then work your way to the solenoid, your g9 may be different from my g2 but just have to track your voltage in the system starting at the battery, there is a sticky "so your yammi wont start" on here, follow that as best as you can, it really helped me. but if you have a good solenoid then check the voltage going to starter/generator!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #8
djbanaszak
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Been seeing alot of posts about carts not turning over/starting. You will need a volt meter! The starting circuit consistes of: battery/battery cables/fuse or fuses/wire harness/key switch/stop switch (at accelerator pedal)/solenoid and starter/generator. On G16's and up there is also a "stop relay". Jack up the cart or put it in neutral. I recommend cleaning the battery posts and cable ends back to clean/brite lead. Put your volt meter on the battery. Try to start the cart, battery voltage should not drop below 10 volts (cart will hesitate to start with low voltage), did you hear the solenoid click? If battery checks ok and you heard a solenoid click bypass the next steps and go to solenoid output test. Take the brake/accelrator acsess panel out, the "stop switch will have 2 wires (brown and red) disconect the brown wire, you should have battery voltage all the time, if not,battery/fuse/wireharness problem. if battery voltage present, reconect and check for battery voltage on the red wire comeing out of the stop switch. You should only have voltage when you "press" the accelrator pedal. Try it several times (you may have a intermitent stop switch). If tests good, the red wire goes to the solenoid (to "energize" it),reconect the red wire, now put your volt meter on the (small) red wire at the solenoid and push the accelerator pedal. You should have battery voltage. Check the voltage at the (small) black wire at the solenoid, you should have battery voltage at all times (if not, bad ground wire). If you have ground (black wire)and 12 volts positive (red wire) when pedal pushed, your solenoid is bad. Test solenoid output (the 2 big posts), you should have battery voltage at the post that the positive battery cable attatches to, put your meter lead on the post that goes to the starter/generator, push the pedal. You should hear the solenoid click and battery voltage should be present. If not bad solenoid, if good the starter/generator should be checked. Remember to check the negative batter cable the the starter for voltage also, there should be battery voltage reading at all times. Hope this helps anyone with a starting problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha