lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
oldtime racer
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 EZGO motor conversion

I put a polaris 500 motor in my EZGO. It works great but I have a couple of small issues I'm hoping some of you may have allready tackled. I couldn't use the air filter box from the quad I borrowed the motor from. I'm running a K&N straight off the carb and it get's dirty quick since it's right by the rear wheels. I'd like to get a clean air system mounted up out of the engine compartment. Anyone know of a good one?

Also, the fuel pump from the quad doesn't stay primed. I'm guessing because it was mounted under the tank on the quad and now it's not. I'm using the stock fuel cell from the cart. Does anyone have info on a good electric or vacuum pump that will work in this application?

Thanks in advance!
oldtime racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 EZGO motor conversion

put a small electric[12volt] pump on it there is no real vacuum port on the polaris 500ho's
you dont need a 50gph flow either some thing with low gph would be fine

rusty s
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #3
mustangwagz
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Couldn't he in theory get a vacuum operated fuel pump from like say a small engine or something of similar design, drill a hole in the intake neck, install a nipple and then run the vacuum line from there to the pump in order to operate it? vacuum models are WAY cheaper and dont require the wires running around. just a few rubber lines.

I mean, i am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM dis-agreeing with you rusty, im just trying to save the guy a few bucks on the electric ones..they're like 50 bucks in my neck of the woods!! Highway robbery! lol

-WagZ-

EDIT: OR..get one of them inline check valves that prevent fuel from back flowing and loosing prime..those things work GREAT! they make INLINE and they make some that go on the end of the line inside the tank (if that applies in this application..)

Last edited by mustangwagz; 08-30-2011 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Cuz i dun forgot an idea..harr darr!! 8-)
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
oldtime racer
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. The quad I bought had a vacuum operated fuel pump on it and that's why I tried it. I'm going to go with Rusty on this and get an electric pump. Just not sure which one yet. I was worried about getting one to powerful and overcoming the float valve. I'll start with the weaker one and go up from there if needed.

Mustang- I'm in so deep in this project now I just want it fixed! I'd give three times that for a pump as long as it'll work!

Thanks again guys.

Do you know if a site sponsor has an air filter system?
oldtime racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO