lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default new here with a new toy

Hi I'm new to this an could a little help. I just got a 81 G1 that is the need of a little help. The motor needs to be rebuilt bad due to age. I just got my piston an rings with a full gasket kit so I can go thru the motor an freshen it up. But while I had it out an apart I would like to do a few mods to it so it has more power for pulling hills. The piston I have to put in is .75mm over an I seen where guys are taking the head down .030" to increase power. I also seen them port the intake an exhaust out for better flow. I I'm really not sure what to do about the Carb. It seems like if you doing that much to the motor itself something should be done with the Carb. Now I will be installing a lift an larger tires an that will hurt the torque a bit but hoping the high torque spring in the clutch will help with that. Any input on this will be great help like I said. I'm new to this an I would like to get the bang for my Buck. So if anyone has done this or even something else that should be done let me know.
thanks.
Rusty
bigred_262002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha