lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
OleRusty
Not Yet Wild

Default What did I just buy?? Help me!!

Hey everybody!! So my buddy and I just rescued an 80's???? Gas EZ GO Golf Cart from a field that it had been sitting in for a couple years, please help me figure out what year EZ GO I have and what you all would do to make it get back and going... We hooked up a battery to it but nothing happened. I'm quite positive the wiring is all shot but let me know where I should go from here, thanks alot.
5H25Me5Ja3k13M23Hdc1p1bf9af4a6fbe1feb.jpg

5Kc5H15M93K63m73J7c1p7fc5c695dc9f1144.jpg

5L45Y25K43Kf3G93Mdc1p0b14f21e1ef21eb9.jpg

5Gf5Kf5J33Ga3Le3I3c1p17e33e0389df1f0c.jpg

We rebuilt the front suspension so far and towed it behind a car at 15 mph to test the steering and suspension, it runs smooth, engine has compression... Sorry for some Newb questions, thanks for any and all info!!
OleRusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: WTF did I just buy?? Help me!!

Welcome: you have found the BEST SITE on the net. Oh and we do like pics it helps a ton when were trying to help. By your tag it appears you have a 1985 marathon with a 2pg engine. There is plenty of info on here for your cart and parts available so just shout out and stand by and we can help. First about compression did you in fact get it to crank? if so 90psi would be low ideal is 120. No crank by pedal. First check and clean all grounds. Battery-battery to frame-frame to engine this is very important to have good grounding to the engine. Let us know after you can answer these questions then were here to help.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
popatop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: WTF did I just buy?? Help me!!

Welcome to BGW Nice Find looks like a fun project, Here is a Manual for it, Their are alot of good guys here, that know alot about these carts. Good Luck, Have Fun
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 85-EZGO(2)(11).pdf (6.71 MB, 40 views)
popatop is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO