lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
Doug Hare
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 Yamaha G 9 Photo of Governor

I disassembled my cables on my Governor because I was going to go around it and straight to carb ! I have decided to just adjust it instead, well the spring came off and I forget where it goes , I know one end goes to the cable bracket where does the other end go?? So I need a photo of one to look at so I can assembled it back on properly .
Hope I posted this correctly, I appreciate and help I can get
Thanks Doug
Doug Hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: 1991 Yamaha G 9 Photo of Governor

91G9Gov.JPG

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Doug Hare
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Spriddle !!! This should help, but my spring looks a little different that the one showing , at least it will get me started.
Again thanks for your help.
Doug
Old 02-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

All I did is where part #8 goes into the arm you see the hole is not round, so it can't turn? I drilled that flat out of the hole and left the clamp loose. Put a return spring on the arm to hold it down and returned. Been that way since '99, but has no governor at all. I never touched the cables it works fine. I moved the cable to the carb on other carts and had to make a bracket or modify the bracket, it took longer but I guess you could hook it back up. I don't know if the clamp would hold the shaft by itself or not and make mine work.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Doug Hare
Not Yet Wild

I had my cable off and rerouted to the carb , but I am getting a lot of back firing for some reason so I though I would just put it back to where it was ?? But of coarse I forgot how I took it apart.
Thanks for the reply Sho305 !!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Dlcain
Gone Completely Insane

Club Car

The backfiring is coming from the carb not being fully closed when you let off the gas. I had to adjust my cable a few different times until it finaly stopped.
Dlcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yeah the travel distance of the cable is different on the carb, it is hard to get the carb to go all the way shut and open. Then again the last 25% of carb opening never made any difference on my cart, maybe .25 mph at top speed is the only time at lower rpm no difference. If you ever saw the ports in the head you would understand I can't even get my pinky finger in the exhaust port. The carb must be shut during starting and pedal off, then open as you push more pedal. I put 1" travel after it starts to where it begins to open carb....1" at top of pedal, that seems to work well I can idle it if I want. I set a real slow idle on any cart I work on so nobody could kill the battery.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
Doug Hare
Not Yet Wild

Dlcain thanks for the advise I think I will play with the carb like you said and see if I can get it to stop backfiring ??? You have been very helpful
Thanks Again.
Doug
Old 02-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #9
Doug Hare
Not Yet Wild

Sho305, I will try the 1 inch play in the petal and see if it stops? Thanks for the advise ! I will let you know how it works out ??
Doug
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Hey Doug, welcome to the forum buddy. I think Doug is one of the most polite members we've had in a while. Every post is filled with thank you's.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha