lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
okie boater
Not Yet Wild

Default EFI how to install

2001 EZGO St350, after reading that a EFI could be installed on my cart. I went out and looked at installing one. But it seems that my color of wires does not match the colors that are outlined/listed on the installation sheet that one of the members was so kind to share on the site.
any help would be so kind and appreciated
okie boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EFI how to install

The color of the wires is not the important part ,, simply follow the connection points for each wire one at a time as you disconnect your old ignition parts. As one wire is disconnected connect up the new wire to the location you just removed with either the color wires in the diagram or color of your choice as long as you know where each one goes and to the correct connection point. you could even print off a copy of the diagram and change the color code on the wires to match what ever you install. Hope this helped some. It really isn;t that hard to do. luck,,Donald
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you talking about electronic fuel injection?
richard3529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I jumped into a question that I was thinking was for just a basic hook up for HEI. Didn't know it would be different for fuel injection,,,,Sorry
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure 1lane66, when I saw EFI, I was thing elect fuel injection...I have a 295cc and made the hei conversion with a GM coil. I worked with off and in for a least 2 months. I finally decided to replace all the wiring and increased the wire size and that appears to have corrected the issues.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
okie boater
Not Yet Wild

i am doing a hei conversion, my mistake must had a brain fart.
about a month ago i was able to pick up this 2001 ezgo with a dump bed, hoping it would allow me to have more freedom after my stroke. but it seems that im back struggling.
any help would be helpful
Old 03-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #7
richard3529
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Hello okie boater. There is a good thread on this conversion. Go to the main page and select Gas EZ-GO. The first sticky thread is on the hei conversion. It starts out on the 2 cycle and then gets into the 4 stroke. I used the info and wiring diagrams from this to do my conversion. Check that out, it was a big help for me.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
okie boater
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HEI how to install

T H A N K Y O U A L L!!!!!! for the input. My uncle will be very glad for the reply's, he was checking every hour the first day after the posting.
He has been under the weather and I'm going to try and follow your input and see if I can get the cart running
(MY uncle used to have a diesel and r.v. repair shop many years, he had a serious stroke and he has lost a large chunk of his memory. Believe you me
he tried everything he could try b4 having a post put the web site) I think its a little embarrassed for uncle. but we appreciated any n all the reply's

I'M HOPING TO GET THE CART RUNNING BEFORE MY UNCLE GETS UP AND ABOUT, LIKE A SURPRISE.

i PURCHASED A GM (NOVA) MODULE.
I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE OF THE ELECTRONIC PARTS (DEVICES) ON THE CART THAT I'M GOING TO REPLACE WITH THE GM MODULE.

after attaining the cart we had to clean the fuel pump, it fired up and run for say 30 mins once my uncle parked it it would not start again.

it sparks only when you first push on the peddle, if u release it n push down again it would fire for a few times n that's how it will do over n over.

I changed the plugs twice. a few times it would back fire out the muffler. like it was a build up of gas n kind of like a vehicle was out of time. but u have to keep pushing n releasing the peddle n that would back fire at times

THANK YOU ALL FOR ANY AND ALL OF THE REPLY'S, THEY ALL ARE APPRECIATED.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
okie boater
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard3529 View Post
Hello okie boater. There is a good thread on this conversion. Go to the main page and select Gas EZ-GO. The first sticky thread is on the hei conversion. It starts out on the 2 cycle and then gets into the 4 stroke. I used the info and wiring diagrams from this to do my conversion. Check that out, it was a big help for me.
check out okieboater thread update, thank you
Old 03-12-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
okie boater
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard3529 View Post
Are you talking about electronic fuel injection?
check out okieboater thread update, thank you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO