lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
digglerd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 stuck in low after torque spring install

Also seems like a strange happenstance that this gave out at the same time as the spring install.

Running the cart out of gear, I can see the rear clutch doing it's thing by opening up and compressing the spring a bit. The front also closes slightly but not by much so I'm thinking the front is the problem.

Edit... I'm playing with it now and it seems that the whole outer assembly that rotates on the shaft is also wobbly with play. Is this normal? Should it wobble or just slide in and out?
digglerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
digglerd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Search function on this forum works great... Looks like a broken counter weight, worn center bushing, dirty clutch and just all around yuckiness in there.

Found the replacement parts online and hope to have her running better next weekend.

Thanks for the help all!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

the front clutch tells the rear sheave what to do ,

the weights expand making the front clutch compress forcing the belt to the top, at the same time the belt pulls on the rear shieve making it wider there fore making the belt ride in a smaller pully giving you a higher ratio or "gear" the torque spring is heavier/stronger so you need more rpm's to make the front clutch pull the belt into the rear one.

with your weights fubarbed that's why it wouldn't "shift" into a higher ratio. i bet it was broken and caught on the piviot pin .

what i have learned when the rear zerk is dry it will go into "high" but won't compress back into "low"

it's as clear as mud
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #14
digglerd
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This sucks... reading it looks like the main bolt is reverse thread... I've probably got a full 3-4 turns and the thing is still hard as hell to turn, put heat on it and everything... am I missing something?
Old 04-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Standard thread direction. Will need a puller after getting bolt out.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

it's supposed to be torqued to 54 foot pounds

it's on a tapered shaft, i thought you can disassemble the fly weights on the cart...
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha